
Friday, June 27, 2008
Nauvoo
Last week we had some of Josh's family in town and we were able to do some fun stuff. We took a trip to Nauvoo for a few days and stayed in a cute bed and breakfast. It was Josh's parent's first time there, and we did all the classic Nauvoo things-wagon ride, make rope, get a Nauvoo brick, get prairie diamond rings, go the the evening performances, etc. We saw some of the Mississippi River flooding, but it didn't affect our driving route too much. We just avoided the bridges into Iowa. The waters got dangerously close to some of the buildings in Nauvoo, but there were lots of sand bags and the waters started receding while we were there so everything seemed to be ok. We saw one lady who said she had lived there for 80 something years and never had seen the river level so high! We also stopped in Carthage to see Carthage Jail, but I didn't take any pictures there.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
That's fun you got to see the pageant. We went in March a year ago, so we didn't get to see it.
That actually wasn't the pageant, it was just the "Sunset on the Mississippi" performance. I did get to see the pageant last year though.
Aww, that brings back memories. I've been to Nauvoo and Carthage so many times growing up. We probably went there once a year. I love it there! I have some pictures of me standing on the Mississippi river (when it was frozen of course!)
Ohh man, seeing that makes me miss Nauvoo so bad. My family was in the Nauvoo pageant two different summers.It wa such a blast. Did you see it? It's changed a ton since we were in it.
My grandpa was the one who started the Brick yard in Nauvoo. He build everything there with his two hands. Those are his bricks you get. He designed the stamp on it and everything. They had an article about him in the Ensign a few years ago. It was pretty cool.
I love the praire diamonds. My dad still wears his to this day. He seved his mission there and has had it since then.
Those are great pictures. How fun! What an awesome memory. I bet his parents loved it.
Josh looks so much like his dad :-)
How fun. I've never been there. Hopefully someday.
I've always wanted to try out a Bed and Breakfast. So cool you stayed in one.
I have always wanted to visit there. It looks like such a beautiful place.
I just saw your ticker...only 50 days to go !!
How neat! I think next year's summer road trip will be to Nauvoo!! I've never been there!
Post a Comment