Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One Week Old

Owen is already 1 week old today! Though I'm still adjusting to life with a baby, I'm finally starting to feel somewhat like my normal self again. It helps that Owen has been a really good baby...he eats really well and sleeps a lot. We've even gone out on a few outings together. He had his second dr. appointment today to check his weight and bilirubin level. His bilirubin was totally fine, and he weighed 6lbs 8oz, up from 6lbs even on Friday. So he gained a whopping half pound in only 4 days! I'm happy to know he's getting plenty to eat. :)

1 week old, and his newborn clothes are still too big for him.


We have started to notice little changes in him already:
*His umbilical cord fell off so he's completely detached from me!
*He is starting to fill out and already has the makings of a double chin. :)
*His head has rounded out nicely and we get comments all the time about how round it is.
*He seems more alert during his short periods of awake time, and ALMOST seems like he's actually focusing on and looking right at us.
*He uses his hands a lot more, and loves to open and close them while he's eating.
*His makes new sounds and has a little whimper cry when he's hungry.
*He smiles a lot in his sleep.


1st visit to the doctor


grandma came and got to spoil him and give him lots of love


(I don't know why this is sideways)


We love him so much and he makes our life so happy!

4 comments:

Marie said...

Melanie, I'm so happy for you guys and that your little boy made it here safely. Good luck on the many adventures you have ahead of you!

Heather said...

He's so tiny. I love the clothes that seem to be swallowing him. So precious. Can't wait to see him.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, he's such a little angel!

Amy said...

He's so cute! I can't wait to meet him in person!