Sunday, September 2, 2007

the love of my life

I've realized I haven't put many pictures of my dear hubby on here! I think he is just the greatest person ever because he is so smart and funny and kind and loving and hard working. I couldn't ask for a better husband! I tried to find some pictures of him, and I just love these three pictures!
I love it when I see him out in nature, climbing rocks and trees like a little kid. He loves anything in the outdoors. It makes him so happy.
I always love seeing him dressed up in a suit. What guy doesn't look good in a suit!?

In this picture Josh helping a lady in Nicaragua. It's her own home they are sitting in. I love it when I see him helping and serving others. Josh is going to be such a great doctor!!

Ok, I stole this survey from Brynn:

1. Where did you meet your husband?
We were in the same institute class at ASU, my second semester there.

2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I probably said "hi," I don't remember. I started talking to him about the trip to Europe he was planning. I wanted to go, and I did!

3. Where was your first date?
Josh took me to Golfland and we played air hockey in the castle. Then we went to Neilsen's Frozen Custard for yummy concretes. I guess he hadn't planned a real "date," he just wanted to "hang out" he had said (even though he payed for everything) so he didn't really have anything else planned after that. So we spent the rest of the evening just driving around Mesa and Tempe and we talked. Romantic huh.

4. Where was your first kiss?
Outside my house by his car after our second date. Kind of a funny story....we had been talking for a while about our upcoming trip to Europe and where our relationship was going. I guess my mom wanted to give me a *hint* that it was time to come inside, so as he was getting ready kiss me my mom sends our little terrier/chihuahua dog Buster running and barking out to us (she wasn't spying she swears, it just happened to be at the same moment!). I ended up picking him up and then Josh kissed me as I was holding our dog. I was embarrassed at the time, we laugh about it all the time now!

5. Did you have a long or short engagement?
Short. We got engaged the day after Thanksgiving 2001, were married March 12, 2002.

6. Where did you get engaged?
Outside the Mesa temple. Josh had taken me on a picnic the day after Thanksgiving, then he blindfolded me and drove me to the temple. I knew he was going to propose, I just had no idea where he was taking me. I was happy when he took the blindfold off and I saw where we were. And he did get down on one knee to ask me. :)

7. Where were you married?
At the Mesa, AZ temple.

8. How did the reception go?
It was fine, minus a few minor mishaps, like the lady with the decorations showing up hours and hours late and setting things up as we were taking pictures, and the lights accidentally going out, but that was fixed. It was in someone's nice backyard so it turned out pretty.

9. How was the honeymoon?
We just went to Tucson for a few nights since we got married in the middle of the semester and didn't really have time or money to go anywhere big (lame I know). Then a year later we were able to go on a nice trip to Orlando and a cruise to the Bahamas!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome. I love it. Especially because I never would have pegged you as someone to get married "fast" and I am so happy you did. When its right, it is RIGHT. woo-hoo!

Amy said...

PS. So you were married when you went to Europe together? (That would have been a juicy vacation if you weren't) heh heh.

Melanie said...

Actually...we weren't married when we went! It was a big deal for my family. I brought a friend and he brought a friend, and we took a "time out" from dating for the month we were there, then we resumed our dating when we got home. It's a good thing we didn't get sick of each other during the month in Europe!

Janelle said...

I love the story of how you two met. I never knew that you guys went to Europe. How fun is that!! Oh by the way I never answered your question on what camera I use. Currently I just use a point and shoot Olympus but, I am upgrading to a Nikon D80 that actually lets me use lenses and have more control over my pics.

Janelle

Amy said...

Wow, I totally get when you say it was a 'big deal' for your family. My family is the same way. In fact, my mom started flipping the porch light on and off once at the end of a date in college. And it was our second date! We were just standing by the car talking and...anyway. I totally get what you mean.

Brynn P. said...

Cute story! And i love the pictures! I wish i could've ggone to europe!! You're so lucky!

Maria said...

Hey Melanie,
I really like your blog, and it's fun to see what you guys are up to. Remember the good ole "Fraser Days?" I seriously loved that ward! Sounds like you're doing good and enjoying Chicago. Take Care!
Maria

amy mo said...

ya, I think that's a good idea to get a laptop first, cuz I need it more than a camera right now, & I could always get a cheaper but still nice one for Christmas. But I'm still not sure if I wanna get a laptop, cuz I was thinking about how much money I'd have left, & I'd be so sad to see my savings account so much lower! So I'll have to just keep thinking it over, thanks for your help though!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love the story of how you met. It's so cute. Just the whole "taking the trip, no kissing, time out, see where our relationship is after."

By the way, today I was flipping around and on Oprah there were these kid genuises. There was this girl from Austria named Corinna Draschl. She was in this junior memory world championship because she had such a good memory. She looked alot like Kim (your sister). It was crazy. Like she could at least be related to her.

Shelly said...

Your hubby seems like such a great guy! Good ol' institute, bringing people together!