Today I became the proud owner of a bike! I haven't owned a bike since the 6th grade, I believe. In elementary school I rode my cool pink and teal bike everywhere. I was so proud of my ability to ride hands-free, turning corners and everything. In Jr. High and High School it became "uncool" to ride a bike. Even in college I chose to walk the long distances across the ASU campus in the scorching heat rather than riding a bike. I didn't even have a Razor when those were the hot trend. But now that I am more grown up and live in a big city where it's great to ride a bike, I decided it was time to get one. I had been browsing around for a while, I wanted a used bike that was still in good condition. I found this bike on Craigslist for a mere $50! (If you don't know craigslist, it's great! Online classifieds for all major cities, you can find pretty much anything you want. craigslist.org) It's not a fancy bike or anything, but it's clean, rides well, and it'll get me to where I want to go. I work only a mile away from where I live and most of the time I've been driving to work, can you believe it! I'm either just too lazy or running too late to walk. Now I'll be able to save a little gas $$. I also am looking forward to many nice bikerides along the lakefront, at least until it gets too cold out!Saturday, September 1, 2007
New Set of Wheels
Today I became the proud owner of a bike! I haven't owned a bike since the 6th grade, I believe. In elementary school I rode my cool pink and teal bike everywhere. I was so proud of my ability to ride hands-free, turning corners and everything. In Jr. High and High School it became "uncool" to ride a bike. Even in college I chose to walk the long distances across the ASU campus in the scorching heat rather than riding a bike. I didn't even have a Razor when those were the hot trend. But now that I am more grown up and live in a big city where it's great to ride a bike, I decided it was time to get one. I had been browsing around for a while, I wanted a used bike that was still in good condition. I found this bike on Craigslist for a mere $50! (If you don't know craigslist, it's great! Online classifieds for all major cities, you can find pretty much anything you want. craigslist.org) It's not a fancy bike or anything, but it's clean, rides well, and it'll get me to where I want to go. I work only a mile away from where I live and most of the time I've been driving to work, can you believe it! I'm either just too lazy or running too late to walk. Now I'll be able to save a little gas $$. I also am looking forward to many nice bikerides along the lakefront, at least until it gets too cold out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We live right by Ryan's work, so he is getting his bike all ready to ride...once it cools down here!
Isn't craigslist the best? We got Ryan's new drum set, our cali king bed and so much other stuff from there!
Hi Melanie! I'm coming out of lurkdom, I actually found your site a couple weeks ago and was too shy to post a comment. I'm so glad you really like being a nurse. It seems like people I talk to either really love it or really hate it. I'm in a masters-entry option program, so everyone has a bachelors, no one is a RN, and we'll have MSNs at the end. Its crazy and insane but I'm thinking I'd rather take a lot of pain in a short amount of time rather than drag it out. We'll see if I survive.... :p
I like your bike. Jon fixed my bike from elementary school so I have the same pink Swinn from 1990. Its rad. And Jon travels to Chicago every couple months. I should come along with him sometime and hang out!
Love the bike. Craigslist is awesome! I'm sure you'll get lots of use out of it.
Now I've seen the bike you were out getting accessories for. Sweet. My dad bought me a cool bike about three years ago for Christmas. We got a baby bike seat and took Sy out. He loved going in there. Drew has had his same bike since he was like 12. He loves to bike ride so it's a fun activity we can do, and now do as a family (when it's cool enough). Last fall, we went out almost every night.
I emailed Heather. Send her an email and say hi. Now we need to peak at her blog. It has to be by invitation only.
Post a Comment