This new fruit we tried this week is really good.
It's called a Yellow Pitahaya, also known as Yellow Dragon Fruit.
(as opposed to regular Pitahayas, which are pink or red)
It grows on a cactus vine, and is native to Central and South America.
It's easiest to eat by cutting in half and then easily scooping out the white flesh with a spoon.
The tiny black seeds are also edible.
It has a very refreshing taste- not too sweet, not too strong. It reminds me of a watermelon in ways, but with a texture more like a kiwi.
So if you happen across one of these, try it. I'm sure you'll like it!!
p.s.
Have you ever seen corn on the cob that looked like this? The kernels look like sharp teeth!

5 comments:
Wow, those are cool!!
That fruit looks...sharp. The corn too.
I wish Owen was here to be my best friend!! I want to come visit! I wish plane tickets were free :(
oh my gosh, that corn does look like tooth foliage! What cool stuff you get to try!
Very interesting! I enjoyed the videos of Owen! I'm glad you guys are just eating him up! He's so cute.
Oh my gosh! How are you doing? I can't believe you're living over there! How amazing. Your baby is precious!
Post a Comment