Happy 7 months to Owen!
He just keeps getting closer and closer to that one year mark, and his actions surely show it! He is just the sweetest, funniest, and most fun kid ever. Every day, all day long, he just makes us laugh and smile. We love this little boy!
Here's the latest and greatest Owen happenings:
*He started eating fruits and veggies: green beans (his favorite!), peas, carrots, butternut squash, prunes, peaches, and some applesauce. I really struggle to get him to eat the prunes and peaches. He highly favors the veggies over the fruits!
*Going along with eating solids...he HATES to have his face cleaned, especially his nose. But I figure, what baby likes it.
*He got his first two teeth just last week! He surprised us with his two front bottom teeth. No extra fussing, no crying, no swollen gums. They were just there one morning!
(In this picture you can see them, if you look really close or make the picture bigger.)
*He has started to develop his object permanence. When we hide something he'll often look for it because he knows it's still there.
*He can keep his attention on one toy for quite a while, even when there are several other toys right by him. If the toy goes out of reach, he'll work really hard to try to get it back instead of switching to another toy.
*He is getting very close to crawling! He gets up on his hands and knees, will rock back and forth, and tries to scoot. He still doesn't quite have the coordination down yet though.
*He just started pulling himself up to standing position. When Josh or I are sitting on the floor and he's in front of us, he'll grab our shirt and pull himself up. He also tries to pull himself up in the bathtub.
*He holds his arms out to us when he wants to be picked up.
*He now gets scared when I turn on the blender. And I use it a lot lately since I'm making all of his baby food. If I hold him up to the blender when I use it, he doesn't seem to get quite as scared, but it's sort of cute the way he curls up and burries his face into my chest when he is scared.
*He loves dogs! He loves to look at them, he smiles at them, and when the dogs bark he will sometimes laugh hysterically! (if only we could get one of our own)
*He loves to have his neck and chest scratched, especially after he eats. He'll tilt his head back, I'll start scratching, and he just seems to be in heaven! He is just the sweetest little boy.
and now some classic Owen Funny Faces...

9 comments:
He's so stinkin cute! He's turning into a toddler so quickly! This is a fun age! I bet he'll be crawling soon! So fun.
Wow two teeth just like that! What a lucky little boy.
He is so cute. He looks like a little man!! Both my boys started crawling at 7 months old, so maybe Owen will too!
He is so cute! I love how he still looks like Owen, just bigger. I can't believe he's 7 months already. Yikes. Calder laughs at dogs too. It's pretty cute.
What a handsome little guy!
SO CUTE!!!! He is getting so big I can't believe it!! Garrett totally has a little sleeper like the one in the corner of the last picture. He is so cute!!!
He is just so so cute! And he's growing so quickly!
I just love the little man. & it's kinda funny that he turned 7 months on your anniversary! I hope you guys do something FUN!
Seriously, he's got to be one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! He's so adorable!
Post a Comment