Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What We've Been Up To

Life has seemed a bit on the busier side lately. What we've been up to:

Owen was diagnosed with his first ear infection and was prescribed his first course of antibiotics. I am so grateful he's been such a healthy kid! But now I know how miserable life can be when your baby is sick and not his normal self.

Despite taking care of a fussy baby, I managed to pack up our whole apartment for our move while Josh has been busy with school and on-call nights. Then last week we moved to a bigger, better, and brighter apartment a few blocks away. We love it and are happy here! But man, moving is such a pain. And I think unpacking is way worse than the packing and moving. I still have things everywhere and need to buckle down and put them away. But, I seem to find playing with Owen more fun than unpacking. Someday our apartment will be in order and when that day comes I'll have to post some pictures of it.

This is NOT the definition of fun!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I know what you mean! Packing seemed awful (especially with all the loose things that I ended up throwing in boxes), but now it's hard to find the motivation to unpack and find places for everything.

So are you in student housing? Picadilly?

Marie said...

I glad you guys made it back safe and sound. And I'm glad Owen was such a good and healthy baby for you while you were gone. What a blessing!

Amy said...

I'm with you---if I had to choose I would way rather pack up than unpack. Good luck getting settled and hopefully Owen doesn't get anymore ear infections for a while!

Kristy said...

We've been in our house for 7 months now and I'm still waiting for that day when I can say that we're finally all moved in! Good luck. I obviously hate unpacking too!

Anonymous said...

I hate it when they get ear infections. I KNOW how it is to have a sick baby. You probably remember- Sy was sick more than he was healthy for about at least the first 2 years of his life. Good health, such a blessing, something we don't take for granted at our house.

I hope you get unpacked soon and will be done with it. What you need to get unpacked anyway. You'll be moving again soon enough though. Oh boy! :-)

Valerie said...

So...is this the bigger, brighter apartment?

Good luck with the unpacking. It usually takes me months to unpack. Then I finally just hide the remaining boxes--out of sight, out of mind. :D