Here are the end results
Then later in the week I decided to "tie-dye" eggs. I heard about this last year and really wanted to do it then, but had no clue where to find old silk ties in Ecuador. So I was excited to try it this year! (here's a tutorial)
What you do is get 100% silk ties,
wrap them around raw eggs,
boil them in water and vinegar,
and voila!
It's such an easy way to make eggs look so cool!
Two of my ties didn't transfer the pattern very well, but oh well.
I made Owen and Easter tie using an old tie, and Josh wore a similar colored tie. Owen didn't want to take picturess, so this is the best I got. And imagine me wearing yellow and white. Nothing extrodinary, but I want to remember that I did try to have us coordinated this year. :)
Easter morning Owen found what the Easter bunny left for him! Then he had to find all the eggs that were hidden around the room.
Owen didn't hesitate to dig right in!
We watched General Conference during the day, ate a yummy lamb dinner with some friends, and had a little Easter lesson. It was a nice Easter!

3 comments:
Those Tie Dye eggs are so neat! I will have to try that next year.
Wow, those silk tie eggs are so neat! I'll have to remember that for next year!
Your silk dyed eggs look great! I still haven't tried mine yet. A little late now... maybe I'll just save my ties for next year.
Post a Comment