The first few weeks of my pregnancy I actually felt pretty good- I still had energy and I was hungry all the time. I especially craved salty foods, so I ate lots of crackers, cheese, pickles, lunch meat, eggs, etc. I also craved junk food and admit I ate at McDonalds a few times, which I normally try to avoid at all costs! At 8 weeks I suddenly started feeling miserable when I ate anything, and salty and really sweet foods like fruit made me feel the worst! I'd end up with a nasty taste in my mouth that made me feel awful so I started eating a lot of mints which helped a lot. I also started taking B6 vitamins and ginger root pills. These also helped so much! Especially the ginger- it made eating bearable. When I was pregnant with Owen eating usually made me feel better, so it I thought it was strange that eating made me feel worse this time.
Around 8 weeks is also when I started feeling so tired all the time. I'd either take a nap during the day or fall asleep at 8:30 at night. I'm not normally a nap person, and I disliked falling asleep so early at night so it was hard for me. I also felt like a monster had taken over my body! I often had very little patience and little things would irritate me, and I felt like I couldn't control my feelings or emotions. I couldn't listen to music in the car because it would annoy me so much, and it was the same way when I was pregnant with Owen. I felt really bad for Josh, but he was so helpful and he tried his best to be understanding!
I think the worst is finally behind me. I have most of my energy back and I feel like my normal self again. I think the beast is gone. :) Every once in a while something I eat won't settle right with me, but it's not nearly as bad as it was a month or two ago. I am enjoying fruit again, which is nice! I'm glad my energy came back around the same time the weather got nice because we are spending a lot of time outdoors now. I had been exercising 2-3 times a week the entire pregnancy, and I think that helped me feel better. My gym membership expired, but I'm hoping to continue with an exercise routine.
I am starting to show a little now. I think I'm showing sooner than I did with Owen, but if you didn't know I was pregnant you probably wouldn't be able to tell. I am still wearing all my normal clothes, but some of my pants are starting to get a little tight. I'm excited for the fun second trimester!

8 comments:
So good to be past that first trimester! So happy for you, and what a great blessing. I'm sorry you had to go through all of the icky not feeling so well stage! Nice work though! Can't wait to hear if this baby is a girl or boy!!!
YAH for feeling better. I have been thinking about you everyday. You look so cute, and you can't even tell you're pregnant yet. I'm sure the little critter will start popping out soon.
How is your eye healing? Just looking at your pic made my eye water :-) I hope it's feeling better and not burning anymore.
Glad you're feeling better! Hope you keep feeling better too!!
I'm going to ask for some ginger stuff tomorrow at my appointment. I've thrown up more this trimester than I did in the first!
Maybe you are expecting a girl. I felt worse with my girl than I did with my boys.
uncle jeff said:
enjoyed seeing your pics of the last few mos.
reminded me of my 4 med-school years in milwaukee (1968-1972).
also connected(chicago)to my recent experience of being taught under the direction of dallin h. oaks for 6 hours last month.
carol, dax and i hiked the marcos de niza trail at 6 this am.
i gave up on trying to make a blog.
i am kinda lamely trying facebook to share pics.
looking forward to june!!
how come grandma jean not on family list?
Love, jas
Found your blog! I'll invite you to mine. So excited for baby #2!
Congrats Melanie and Josh!!!
I'm so happy for you guys!
Owen is going to be a great big brother. He is so cute!
so glad you're feeling better! :)
Post a Comment