Tuesday, July 31, 2007

More Yummy Food!

I must be pretty lame if I'm writing another blog about food. I've gotten pretty lucky this week because everything I've made for dinner has been tasty! I owe it all to my wonderful ward cookbook (thanks Hyde Park 1st ward!). One night I made BBQ Chicken Pizza, and Josh said it tasted better than Pizza Capri (for those who don't know Pizza Capri, it's a local place that makes gourmet pizza). Yay for pleasing and impressing the husband!

Another night I made Cafe Rio Chicken and Rice and Cafe Rio Creamy Cilantro Salad Dressing to go along with it. Ok....so I've heard about this Cafe Rio place that everyone seems to love. I think it was in Utah first and has now made it's way to Ahwatukee and Gilbert?? I think I moved away before they made their way to AZ. So, I've never been to the restaurant before but I want to try it! I have a friend here who was flying back to Chicago from Utah and traveled that whole way with food from Cafe Rio for her husband because he loves it so much! So it must be good! Well, this recipe I made was very very yummy! It made a TON, with lots of leftovers. It required a lot of ingredients, but it was very easy. If anyone want the recipes to either of these meals, just let me know! (I'm too lazy to type it all out on here.)

6 comments:

Marie said...

Melanie!
Your posts are great! I would love your recipes if you'll share. I'm a big fan of cooking good food.
I have to tell you, Alan and I only saw the last 2 episodes of LOST, and were totally lost, but everyone said they liked it. So this summer we've watched season 1,2, and 3 (thanks to my brother who downloaded it somehow for us since we couldn't wait until Dec. when the DVD came out)We are addicted.
Are you still a L/d nurse? Do you love it?

Kristen said...

I need to start using my ward cookbook. I saw both those recipes and they looked so good. Your pizza looks amazing though. I just don't think I can create something that looks like that......

Anonymous said...

that pizza looks yummy! and yes, cafe rio is sooo good! i think its been about a year {maybe a little longer} since it came to gilbert and baseline! you'll have to go next time you come to az...and come hiking with me ;)

Marie said...

Hi Melanie,
It's marieguthrie@cox.net. Thanks!

Brynn P. said...

Did your pizza really look like that? That pizza looks SOOO GOOD! I want some!

Melanie said...

Yes, that is the actual pizza I made, sitting on my table.