Monday, July 23, 2007
not anything to smile about
I went to the dentist today to get a routine cleaning, since it's been almost a year since my last. I saw a new dentist this time because I didn't like my last one (I've found it's hard to find good dentists here in Chicago, or else I'm just picky!). Anyway, I've been pretty good at getting my routine cleanings every 6-12 months, and I always brush my teeth twice a day and floss every day without fail, and as a result I haven't been told I have cavities in years. Until today!! My dentist was really nice, but she started out by asking if I always brush and floss (yes), if it's been a while since I've been to the dentist (no), if I drink lots of carbonated beverages (hardly EVER). At this point I knew something was up, and she said I have 3 cavities. Not just one, but 3! on 4 teeth!! And I have two spots that could turn into cavities if I don't start using a daily flouride rinse. Yikes! I was very surprised. I've heard of dentists making up cavities just to get money, but even I could see these on the xrays. I also have a crown that's been needing to be replaced. (yes, I've already had a good share of dental work done when I was young including two root canals.). I guess I'm just cursed with bad teeth. :( Well, I decided that since I'll be getting a good amount of dental work done in the next few weeks (thank goodness for insurance!) I should just go all out and have all my silver fillings changed to tooth-colored as well. So, pretty soon my smile will be good as new!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow that totally stinks! Especially since you brush & floss so much! I haven't been to the dentist in like....YEARS, so I'm scared about how many cavities I have even though I brush everyday (even though I guess I should floss more). But ya, bad teeth definitely runs in our family. & it doesn't help that I chew ice so much!
I hear you!! I got braces (again) recently and just had an adjustment yesterday and I am in pain! I empathize...
-em-
Sorry to hear you had a bad trip to the dentist. Those really aren't fun. Bad teeth really do run in the family though. You can thank dad for that. lol. I think he said he's had a bunch of root canals.
Gross! I really do hate the dentist. Kind of funny that I married one! Jake actually did a crown lengthening surgery on me a couple of days ago. One of my least favorite things to do is go to the dentist!
Post a Comment