I have this whole "craft corner" in my apartment that doesn't get used all that often. So today I decided to make some more use of it! I conveniently position it towards the TV so I can multitask and watch my favorite shows or any Netflix movies we might have. :)
This past year I went to a card club once a month hosted by a friend in the ward. Everyone who went would make enough cards to give to everyone else (we always had a theme of some sort) then we'd trade our cards (and rave about everyone's talents and abilities). Then we'd also make 2 new cards using techniques we learned that night. It was quite fun! I'd come home with such a variety of cards. Since I've developed quite a collection I haven't had to buy a card from the store in quite some time!

Card club takes a break during the summer though because most of the members move somewhere else for the summer due to internships, etc. Since it's been a while since I've made any new cards, I decided to make some today on my own. I think they turned out pretty cute! :)

While I was on a roll with the craftiness, I decided to start making an apron. A friend made one and said it was pretty easy so she let me borrow her pattern. I've wanted a new apron, so I thought "what the heck." I really don't know how to sew very well though and I've never made anything from a pattern, so I hope it turns out ok. It's still in the works. But today I went to Joann's and spent forever trying to pick out cute fabric that would work. It's reversable so I had to find two different but matching fabrics. I finally found some and got to work on it. So far I've just cut out some of the pieces. I'll have to post the final product when I'm finished!

Also, I've been dog sitting for a neighbor/friend so I've gotten to play with this guy all day.


His name is Deebo, he's a Beagle/Basset Hound mix. He's so cute and a real good dog. It's also been fun to have someone else to talk to and play with while Josh is gone. :) It's hard to have a dog in an apartment though. I would need a yard before we got a dog. But when we do get a dog, I want a Beagle, they are definitely the cutest!!
4 comments:
Your cards are really cute! The card you sent me for my birthday, I didn't realize it was homemade till like a week later. It looked really professional. Also....i'm jealous of your crop-a-dile. I've heard about those, and it would be nice to have. I'm still setting eyelets the old way and it really is a pain. What kind of crafts do you make besides cards?
....That dog is REALLY cute. Its true that its hard to have a dog in an apartment though.
Yea, I've made a couple more pages. I'll have to take pictures of them soon. I think scrapbooking and cardmaking are really similar, and your good at cardmaking, so im sure youd be good at scrapbooking. I forgot to ask, what do you do to distress your paper? I do it on some of my paper by rubbing the ink pad on the paper, but it doesnt turn out that well. Do you use a brush or something?
i dont know how i missed this post! your cards are so cute! and so it the apron! it looks like it's going to be so cute! post some pictures of it when it's finished! i like sewing and cardmaking, so i might steal those cute ideas to add to my collection of "copied ideas" :)
We've been having card parties at girls houses in my ward. I actually have one next Tuesday. It's so fun and there is such a cute seleciton of different cards. Helps you to really be creative too!
Post a Comment