
I finally get to say goodbye to my glasses and once again reunite with my contacts! Three months ago I went for a routine eye exam and I was told I had a
pannus- meaning a growth of blood vessels
(not to be confused with a different definition, a large flap of fat that hangs over the belly) in my left cornea. This is bad. Blood vessels are not supposed to be in the cornea. They only got there because I wore my contacts for WaY too many hours a day and for WaY too many days in a row, thus depriving my cornea of precious oxygen. The only way for

the blood vessels to go away was to stop wearing contacts for a while so that oxygen could flow freely to my cornea. So today my optometrist said my cornea was
pannus-free! I thought I might have to switch to using hard contacts (ouch!) because I was told they might be the best option, but I was pleased to hear I could still wear soft contacts! Yay! Even though I kinda got used to wearing my glasses, I still don't like to wear them every day because mine aren't that cute, they have coke-bottle lenses (my eyes are pretty bad), I don't like to exercise with them, they get dirty so fast, and they move around my nose and make my nose sweaty! So to prevent a sweaty nose in my future, right now at this moment I am taking a vow to take very good care of my eyes, and I also take a vow to get LASIK someday (soon I hope)!!
4 comments:
wow, that's crazy. Glad you get to wear contacts again. I hate how glasses make your nose sweat! I don't know how people can wear them 24/7. I have a hard time wearing mine at night (when I need them to drive). Glad you get a break from them.
I have this problem too! It sucks!!!! The dr. didn't tell me that it would go away though......now i know it can! (maybe i just didn't hear him say that)
Anyways, congrats on reuniting with you contacts!!
Yay for you! And take care of those eyes until you can get Lasik! Jon swears that we're going to get it someday; and that would be wonderful!
Yay you get to wear contacts! I think I should take it easy on the contacts myself, but considering my glasses are from 8th grade, they're not exactly easy to see with. But my eyes always kinda hurt with contacts, even though I never sleep with them. I wonder who has worse vision, you or me...cuz mine is HORRIBLE.
Post a Comment