Earlier I wrote a post about the "fun" dental work I get to go through. Well, I thought I'd give a little update since I went to the dentist this week, and since I'm sure everyone is just DYING to know and because you know my teeth are so interesting. right. So I actually had to see a periodontist on Monday. I'm getting an old crown replaced and my dentist told me that the tooth is too close to the bone to actually replace it, so what I might need to have is a "crown lengthening" done. In lay-man terms that means cutting down the gums and shaving down bone. Can you say OUCHIEE!! My periodontist confirmed that I do indeed need it, and I guess it's really not too bad (so I've heard). We'll see. But it's "surgery" and I'll have to have stitches in my mouth. The last time I had stitches in my mouth, from my wisdom teeth removal, I accidentally swallowed them. I am still waiting to get my new fillings, and I've decided not to change my old "silver" fillings to "white" ones after research and consultation with my trusted resources :). My dentist still wants to do some work on other teeth, but I think I will wait because it would cost me a pretty penny. Hopefully my teeth won't fall out now! Well, sorry that you had to read this boring post.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
OUCH!!! that sounds like not so much fun. I think i might have to have that done also on one of my teeth also. Do they have to put you to sleep to do it? I never knew you SWALLOWED YOUR STITCHES!!! Well, hopefully that doesnt happen this time. Good luck with your dental surgery.
No fun! Good luck! Make sure they give you an antibiotic - when I got my wisdom teeth out my oral surgeon said that it was "not necessary" to get a propholactic antibiotic...and it was not pretty! It took a round of IV antibiotics adn about 2 months to get the infection out!
This is good to know. I heard that silver fillings last longer than white ones. I have a sneaking suspicion I may need a bridge before I die. I wonder if thats painful too?
Ouch! That sounds so painful! Sorry you have to go through that! That's horrible. Good luck!
Mel, ask Jake, but if Iremember right, he just did that same gum lengthening on Tif before she came out here to visit in August and I guess it hurt her pretty bad (sorry to be the bearer of bad news). But I'll cross my fingers that it'll be better for you and less painful :-(
Sorry you have to do it but at least then you'll be done!
yea, are car that broke down...it ended up being the engine, and the car is worth less than 1000 dollars so we're gonna just junk it. Neways, the next day we went to find devin a motorcycle instead, since we cant afford a new car...and found one for him to get. THEN, the next day after that, devin was leaving his work parking lot to pick me up to go get the motorcycle, and he pulled out in front of another car he couldnt see(which was blocked by a bus turning into the same parking lot) and now our brand new car is pretty messed up. So, now we have a rental. It sucks when alot of bad stuff happens all in one week. Devin doesnt know if he's gonna get fired either. The accident happened right in front of his work.
I have a dentist appointment this month...it'll be my first trip to the dentist in about oh, 3 years? Reading this makes me nervous! But, pain medications are great things...right?
Good luck with all of that!
Ryan and I just had a couple of not so fun dentist appointments. Ugh, I hate the dentist. Good luck!
Hey Melanie! I can't believe you've been in Chicago for 2 years! Funny how fast you lose track of your friends! I love blogs, just for that fact, that we can all keep in touch without a TON of effort! :)
Hey mel, I just had crown lengthening done. Jake actually did it. It wasn't terrible. Kind of weird if anything. You will be a little sore for about a week so get plenty of soft food. It sounds worse then it is. Pretty pain free during the surgery. You'll do fine. And the area healed really fast. Just take an ipod or mp3 player. That is what I do when i go into the dentist. That way I have something else to focus on besides the yanking around in my mouth. Good luck!
Yep! That's the new chair. The picture makes it look weird though. & Yes, it's sooo much fun wasting precious homework time waiting for a computer at the computing commons. So I'm glad I don't have to! But the institute building doesn't have internet connection (I know! Weird!) so I dunno where I'm gonna go. That's too bad about all of the dental stuff! I'm sure my teeth are way messed up so I'm scared to find out just how bad
Hey Mel, how are you? We haven't talked for a while and I was just thinking of you!
Hi Melanie, It's Maranda Arrington, now Whittle. I saw you on here and I just thought I'd say hi! That's cool you live in Illinois now. I was born in Granite City, Illinois, it's like 8 hrs from Chicago though! It was nice talking to ya, Bye!!
Thanks for the advice on the calcium supplements. I never knew you reached your calcium peak in your mid-late 20's. I'll have to start taking supplements right away. But as for my foot, i broke it when i was 12, and it never healed since i never went to the doctor...so it gives me problems every once in awhile, and i guess it was just waiting to happen.
Post a Comment