Monday, December 3, 2007

Things that make me happy lately

These are some of the things that have been making me happy lately:

My George Foreman grill with removal plates. I love this thing! I use it all the time. It's the removable plates that make all the difference, they are so easy to clean. My favorite thing to grill on it lately is zucchini. Yum!



My new Brita filter water pitcher. It is so clean, shiny, and holds a lot more water than our old one, which means less time spent refilling it.




Picking out the perfect pineapple. I'm usually am the worst person at this, but the other day my pineapple was so juicy and sweet and flavorful! Yummy!



Finally getting my old crown for my tooth replaced, {even though I need a new crown on a different tooth now :( }


Finally getting my school paper written. It was painfully tortuous, and didn't help that the topic was not interesting at all. It's a huge relief to have it done.


My new set of kitchen knives. They cut things so much easier and more smoothly than my old ones! I love chopping things now. And it was a breeze cutting the pineapple mentioned above.



Spending time with my husband on Monday evenings watching Chuck and Heroes. Chuck is one of my new favorite shows, that is until LOST starts again!



Yummy Greek/Mediterranean food. Every few months I go through this Mediterranean kick where I just can't get enough feta cheese, kalamata olives, hummus, and pita bread. I even wrote about it in a previous post that you can find here

Improving my crafty skills. I made some cute Christmas cards this year for card club, and I finished making hot pads to match the apron I made over the summer.




Frango Chocolates from Marshall Field's. These are seriously the best mint chocolates!



Only having to work two days this week. Woohoo! That means I'll have an extra day to go shopping. (that is after I get my school stuff done). :)


Knowing that'll I'll be leaving for Arizona in two weeks! I can't wait to have Christmas in the desert!





8 comments:

Stoddard Studios said...

WHat a great post. I love the matching hot pads. Too cute. I want some of those chocolates. Yum.

Anonymous said...

I just bought that same knife set this summer. I love those knives especially the really big ones. I think cutting vegetables is so much fun! Good post!

Maranda Whittle said...

I have a George Forman grill,but not with removable plates, that would be nice! And how fun that you'll be back in Arizona soon!

Anonymous said...

YEAH, I can't wait to see you!

You want an Arizona Christmas and I so wouldn't mind a Chicago one, ha ha

The Hancocks said...

Those hot pads are awesome! It's been so warm this year, even for Mesa! I can't believe Christmas is around the corner!

Janelle said...

Yea, I'm excited the you get to come home for Christmas. I bet your counting the days. I love the apron and hot pads you made. They are so cute. You go girl!

L&M said...

ohhh, in az????? We'll be there too! We need to get together!!!!

KIMS CORNER said...

Thats cool that you watch chuck too. Its a pretty cool show.