Thursday, November 22, 2007

~HAPPY THANKSGIVING~

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Since living in Chicago we have decided to make Thanksgiving Day a relaxing and stress-free one (when I don't have to work). Today we went downtown to a movie, took a nap, and bought dinner to take home with us and eat, and watched TV. It was great! We even had our first snowfall this morning, which made the day even more fun!
There are so many things to be thankful for, and it's so nice to reflect on it during this time of year. There's a long list of things I had wanted to list hear, but for sake of time and me needing to go to bed soon, I'm not going to list them all. But the most important things I am thankful for:

my dear husband
my loving family
my home to live in
my job I constantly learn from
my safety and freedom
my knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ
my good health
my wonderful friends

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!


Snow falling-view from our apartment

This is the movie theater we go to most often- downtown Chicago.
I just love the color of those trees, that's why I took the picture!

7 comments:

heather said...

Melanie I love you. :)

Amy said...

those trees are beautiful. it kind of looks like a modernistic dollhouse with flowerpots on the porch.

Stoddard Studios said...

What a relaxing day! That stinks that you didn't get to have a big thanksgiving dinner though. I love the pictures. It makes me want to live there. Those trees are so pretty!

Scott, Emilie, and Sterling said...

This is so great! You guys are so cute and I love all the pictures of Chicago ... it seriously makes me want to live there! Beautiful. You are absolutely adorable.

Anonymous said...

good idea with the whole 'relaxing' thanksgiving! it really sounds like it was such an enjoyable day!

heather said...

Those pictures are great!

Shelly said...

Those trees are so vibrant...almost on fire. Great post.