Wednesday, January 30, 2008

DRY HANDS

Lately my hands have been feeling like this:

and this:



This awful weather makes them so dry!!! And it doesn't help that I wash them like 50 times a day when I'm at work. They get so bad they start to crack and bleed. I can't wait (and I can't believe I'm saying this) for the humid weather to come back!

6 comments:

Marie said...

You should try Neutrogena (Norwegian Formula) Hand Cream. Make sure you get fragance free or you will smell like an old lady. I have a similar problem in the winter, and this stuff works wonders!

Laurie said...

Vaseline has a good lotion, too. I have the same problem in the winter! I just read somewhere that you should never wash your hands with warm water (because it opens up the pores... something like that) and also, to put lotion on right after you wash them, while they're still damp.

Love those pictures you found! Hope your hands get better soon!!!

Melanie said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I've started using Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Plus Intensive Repair Hand Creme. It seems to work the best out of all the stuff I've tried. It keeps my hands the softest the longest without being greasy and oily.

kemra said...

My hands are the SAME way! I HATE it! I even put vasaline on them at night (with gloves on over it) before I get in bed - it helps a little - but nothing cures mine until the weather changes! Good luck!

I really like the new blog design! How did you do it?

Cassie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one, but sadley I live in Arizona and this happens. I hate it. I can't even type or texts some times cause it kills. I love the picture of Chicago on the top of your blog. I've only been once, but it was so awesome. I love seeing your pictures. Post a picture of the front of you building and your street. I would like to see what it looks like in your neighborhood compared to mine.

Shelly said...

First off-those pictures are cool.

Sorry your hands are dry. I just found this lotion that Ryan and I LOVE...Gardener's Hand Healer by Le Couvent des Minimes. I got it from Bath and Body Works, but I guess they stopped selling it. I found it a couple other places online though. Good luck!