Sunday, January 13, 2008

Not much to write about

I can't really think of much to write about that would be exciting or entertaining. I just felt like writing something, so here is a pretty boring post. No pictures either, sorry.

So far I've been enjoying 2008. Nothing to complain about. We've settled back into our normal routines after all the hubbub of the holidays. Work for me has been busier. Josh started his next rotation-surgery-at MacNeal hospital. He seems to be enjoying it. He sees lots of gallbladder, appendix, and hernia surgeries.
As for my school, I've recently put my classes on hold. You're probably thinking "didn't you just start??" Yes, but I decided the online environment wasn't for me, and I wasn't sure if I liked the program I was in. It seems to be geared toward management-also not for me. I had hoped to be able to take a photography class at a local art center, but the class I wanted was canceled due to lack of enrollees. I'll try again in the Spring. So I'll have a lot of free time, which could = boredom. I hope to find lots of things to keep me busy on my days off!
Something I hope to work on during my free time are my goals for the year. I want to overall become a better person. I know that sounds like a big goal, but I have lots of areas to work on!
*I want to be a kinder, more generous person. When someone needs a service, I want to hesitate less and be more willing.
*I want to grow more spiritually. That means more consistent, more in-depth studying of the scriptures and and other religious materials. I hope to be able to read the RS lessons in advance instead of trying to skim through them right before or during the lesson, or reading them (usually only halfway through) after church.
*I want to be a better wife to my husband. I hope to be nicer and be more willing to help when he needs or asks. I hope to speak less negativism (is that a word?) around him. I hope to always have a happy, comfortable home.
*I want to live healthier. I don't think I'm currently real bad at this, I just want to try to make more of an effort to eat less sweets, plan more nutritious meals, and plan a menu so I will actually cook more than once a week rather than eating out or grazing on snacks around the house, which we've been doing more of lately.
*I want to develop my musical talents. This is always a goal of mine that I never work on like I should. I have a keyboard, so I want to learn to play it better. Just to be able to play more of the hymns would be great. And I know I should practice my violin more. I have probably touched it once or twice in the past year. I'm playing it in church next week so I've had to force myself to practice, I just need to keep it up.
These are enough goals for now. They'll keep me busy enough!
There is one thing newsworthy that happened today. It's something that doesn't usually happen on a regular basis. We had a film crew come to our Sacrament Meeting and they filmed all of it! We had to be in our seats 15 minutes early, and most everyone was! Josh and I sat on the end of a row and I think one of the camera guys got a few closeups of us. I'm not exactly sure why they were there or why our ward was chosen, but it will be used for church stuff or shown on cable or something, and I think they just liked the diversity of our ward or something. I'll probably never see it, but it was kind of fun.

Well, LOST season will start up again in a couple weeks. Yay! Hopefully the season won't disappoint. Josh is pretty pumped for it. If anyone else is a LOST fan, I will look forward to discussing thoughts/theories with you!!



6 comments:

Amy said...

wow, what an uplifting post. Too cool about the film crew in your ward too. Is your ward pretty diverse? I've always wondered if they staged those shots in church videos or how they did it. Now I know! (at least, I think i know)

Laurie said...

Great goals!! And crazy about the film crew!!

Danielle said...

Hey, I didn't know you play the violin. I look forward to hearing you in church next week!

heather said...

Cool. I'm sorry the program wasn't working out for you, you were so excited for it! But sounds like you have found some things to do with your time. :) I'm also working on the having a menu and sticking to it. :)

Did you ever finish the devil in the white city book? What did you think? Was it hard to read all of it?

Scott, Emilie, and Sterling said...

I really like your new layout ... you should give me some pointers because I have no idea where to even start with all of that. Where do you even look for backgrounds? Also, we are avid LOST fans, as well and are super excited for the long overdue season to start. This is one of the only shows we seriously stop our lives over, lol! And as for your last question ... there was a Megan in my ward that lived two doors down from me but she and her husband (a pilot, does that sound familiar at all?) sold their house about a year ago. I'm not sure if it's the same girl you are thinking of or not, but she was really nice the little bit I did get to know her before she moved. So, I know this is long, but I just wanted to say I was so inspired by the goals you set for yourself. It makes me want to work harder on mine, so thanks for that. Anyway, I'll talk to you later -- have fun with all that free time! :D

KIMS CORNER said...

have you seen the new preview for lost? I was at the movies last night, and saw a pretty long preview, and it looks like the new season is gonna be pretty good. I hope they finally start to explain some stuff, or that the continue to have more seasons and dont just cut the show becuase of the writers strike. And sorry you had to walk to work in negative degree temperatures. That would be really tough.