Yesterday Josh and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary! And I can happily say I am still madly in love with him, even more so than the day we were married. We have done so many great things together. We've endured good times, bad times, fun times, sad time. But he's always there for me, he supports me, he's a great husband and friend. I'm so glad I married him!
To celebrate, we had planned to go out to dinner at a nice restaurant on our anniversary, but then we were able to get Bulls tickets for a game the day before our annivesary. Since Josh has been studying like crazy for his surgery rotation boards, he decided he couldn't go out two nights in a row. So the Bulls game was our celebration. It was a lot of fun! We hadn't been to a game before, and it's been on our stuff-to-do-in-Chicago list for a while. What was even better was they won! (they played the Utah Jazz) and because they won and scored over 100 points we all won Big Mac's! That alone totally made it worth it. ;) So can you guess what we ate for dinner the night of our anniversary? That's totally right, big macs!! I really dislike McDonalds, and I eat a big mac maybe once a year, if that. I think the last one I ate was also from winning one at a Blackhawk's game.

We had decided not to get each other presents this year, but I couldn't resist getting Josh just a little something. I looked up anniversary gifts by year, and for your 6th anniversary the traditional gift is candy or iron. The modern gift is wood. So I got him a little basket filled with candy. The nice thing is, it doubles as an early Easter basket! I know, cheesy huh. But he thought it was cute and thoughtful.
The best thing about our anniversary was that the weather was so nice! It's finally creaping up to the 40's and 50's. That alone puts us in a great mood. Spring is in the air!!
I thought it would be fun to also include pictures of us through the past six years. Luckily our anniversary always falls near Spring Break so we've been able to take fun trips around our anniversary. You can decide if you think we've changed much.





16 comments:
haha just as I was leaving a comment about your anniversary on your last post you posted about it! Sounds like a fun 6 years!
You've BARELY changed at all!!! Wow! I love that you have a picture for every year! I don't think we have that, unless you count Christmas! :)
Melanie Happy anniversary! Hey i was wondering where you get all of your cute backgrounds for your blog? I am trying to switch mine and i was wondering how you did it? Take care!
Shelly
Melanie-
Happy anniversary! Hey i was wondering where you get all of your cute backgrounds for your blog? I am trying to switch mine and i was wondering how you did it? Take care!
Shelly
Happy 6th! How fun! You guys are too cute!
happy anniversary you two! you guys both look so great in all the pictures from year to year...i can tell you look more mature {i guess is the word} from your wedding day to your 6th anniversary. by the way, you look gorgeous! i hope we are as happy and fun as you two are when we get to 6! and i love that you guys kept it simple...it doesn't matter where you are as long as you are together, right?!
Happy Anniversary!
Cute!!!!
The last pic looks like you two are from LOST (j/k)
Congrats!! I can't believe it has been six years already. I remember going to your reception all those years ago :)
happy six years!
Melanie,
Can you tell me how to find the free walpaper and how you put it on your blog?? blogger.com is very similar to my blog. if you want to email me you can my email address is: shellylovesbrian@gmail.com
Thank you for your help, that sit is so much fun to look at.
Shelly
Melanie,
Can you tell me how to find the free walpaper and how you put it on your blog?? blogger.com is very similar to my blog. if you want to email me you can my email address is: shellylovesbrian@gmail.com
Thank you for your help, that sit is so much fun to look at.
Shelly
Happy anniversary! You two are so cute.
Happy Anniversary!! I don't think you've changed at all!(that's a good thing!)
Happy Anniversary! And, I'm so excited that you're pregnant. Everyone is pregnant. I love it.
Hey Melanie, on what day exactly do you get to find out what you're having?? I've been dying here. I think it's been about 2 weeks from when you said it'd be 2 weeks, so it must be soon! Ahh I'm excited. I hope it's a girl!!
I like all the photos. Looks like you've had a great 6 years together!
We are going to a Bulls game next week. I hope we win Big Macs too.
Post a Comment