Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break Fun

Spring is finally here!!!

For this year's spring break we were unable to take our usual big trip due to our schedules, but we were still able to manage a quick overnight trip to Wisconsin. Since it was a pretty snowy winter for the midwest, Josh had been wanting to go skiing. And yes, believe it or not, there are actually ski resorts out here in this flatland part of the country! I was surprised when I first found this out. And there are actually more places to go skiing in Wisconsin than there are in Arizona. Natives from the west would surely laugh at the ski areas in Wisconsin because they're not on big tall mountains, but rather short hills. But hey, they're perfect for the beginner skier as Josh is. I opted not to ski because I figure it's a little too early to teach our baby how to ski. I was able to just relax, watch Josh come down the hills, watch a movie, and read. It was nice.



The whole drive up we were nervous the snow would all be melted because the whole week prior had been quite warm. But Devil's Head Ski Resort said they were still open. We trusted them and low and behold there was snow and we weren't the only ones there! Some of the snow was slushy but Josh was still able to have a great time.





That evening we drove up to the Wisconsin Dells area and ate at a restaurant that we had gone to last year when we visited the Dells. It's this GIGANTIC lodge type place, it's so fun and yummy! They had a bowling alley next door, and since we had only been bowling once before in our entire marriage (and we even lived next door to a bowling alley for two years!) we decided to have some bowling fun.





As usual, Josh showed off his athletic ability and beat me all three games.

The next day, before we drove back to Chicago, we decided to explore the friendly city of Madison. This is the capital building downtown, pretty much the biggest building they have. But it's a nice enjoyable city.



We also hung out at a local mall for a bit, did some window shopping, then went to see the movie Vantage Point. It was a great entertaining movie, I recommend you see it if you haven't!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Fun!!! I think I'd enjoy living somewhere that's so close to lots of different places! I'm kind of getting sick of the malls and two museums here! :) Sounds like you had a great Spring Break!

Amy said...

I loved Vantage Point too, it was a really great thriller, and was creative at the same time. We just saw August Rush for the first time yesterday and I loved that one too.

Stoddard Studios said...

You guys always do the funnest stuff. It sounds like you guys have so much fun together.