Today I went to Goodwill to donate some old stuff we had, and decided to take a look around for anything that might be purchase-worthy. I was pleasently surprised to find some great steals! This is what I found:
one maternity shirt- $4
a pair of baby boots- $5
two great cookbooks- $1 each
(one has 1000 recipes, the other has great tips on how to cook)
the book What To Expect When You're Expecting- $3
and my favorite find...the movie Savannah Smiles- $0.50
(see my previous post regarding my feelings towards this movie)
(someday baby boy will fit into these)

The Goodwill I went to was only a block away from Harpo Studios, where Oprah films her show. Since I've never been to her studio, I decided to take a walk around it. I also happened to have my camera and I was happy to be able to get a photo of the sign. I've been wanting to add this to my collection of Chicago pictures. I really really hope to be able to get tickets to a show during our last year here. They're just so dang hard to get!



11 comments:
Nice finds! Goodwill is great!
So many people have asked us if we've seen the movie Savannah Smiles, but sadly we haven't. So I guess Goodwill is the place to look for it, because I've never seen it at any stores. And we have a new Goodwill just down the street, so maybe I'll have to stop in and look next time I drop stuff off.
I love getting great deals!! And we have that 1000 Recipes book!!! Funny! (Now if only I ever actually opened it.... Hmm.... )
Wow! I bought that same exact pregnancy book 4 years ago and it was $14! What good deals!! I've always wanted to go to the Oprah show too. I doubt that will ever happen though!
Oh my gosh!! I LOVE Savannah Smiles - and probably haven't seen it in like 20 years! Good find...
Way to go! It's great when you find stuff you need & want.
what great finds! i love goodwill, esp. when they have their 50% saturdays! can';t wait to see your little boy in those cute shoes!
I love Goodwill. The one here in Henderson is always having half off sales. Such good deals.
Those little boots are so cuuuute! I just cannot wait til your baby shower. I keep saying bridal shower though, ugh. I don't think I've gone to a baby shower before!! Weird!
Good job bargaining!
Did you get "What to expect when you're expecting" too? Connie is reading that right now.
I have always wanted to watch savannah smiles again. I watched it when I was so little. I don't even know if you can buy it in stores anymore. That's awesome you found it...and for SO cheap! I've always wanted to be in the audience of a show. Hope you get to go to Oprah's.
Post a Comment