Owen had his two months checkup today, even though he's only 7 weeks. But we had to do it early since we'll be moving out of the country next week! He weighed in at a whopping 10lbs 8oz and 21.25 inches long. He's growing perfectly! The dr. said he looks great, and that he's "a good looking stud." I'd have to agree with that assessment.
He had to endure his first round of vaccines, and he did really well. He got some combo shots so he only had two pokes, one in each thigh. He let out a long scream or two, but I had a bottle standing by which calmed him down pretty quickly. The only bad part was the dr. had just run out of the pneumoccocal vaccine, and he doesn't carry the rotavirus vaccine since it's not on the required list but recommended it since we'll be in Ecuador. So he sent us up the street to the a county clinic where they give out free shots. It wasn't bad. I just felt bad having to wake Owen up again to get poked again! He didn't cry as hard this time, just one poke. The rotavirus vaccine he just had to swallow. Then he slept most of the day. That was nice because I was able to get a lot of needed shopping done! I hope he'll sleep throught the night too! A few nights ago he surprised me by sleeping 8 hours straight! I am so proud of the little guy. :)
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Man, you got out of it easy! When I took Spencer to the doctor for his 2 month check-up he got the oral rotavirus and then 5 shots! Poor baby! I just hate seeing them get shots; especially when they don't know what's coming.
woo-hoo! 8 hours! That is awesome. Yay for Owen. Also, Thomas was sensitive to dairy, but it was just straight dairy products, not stuff like bread which technically has milk in it but is chemically altered through the yeast and baking. He grew out of it though. I'm sure as you feel stuff out you'll get your own idea of whether it is all dairy, or just specific things that set him off. Poor kid! (and mom!)
Oh my goodness I didnt realize your already leaving!! We need another Jamba night before you go!
Post a Comment