Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our Apartment

In case any of you were curious as to where we are living....and so you can see we're not living in a hut (at least not yet--we will be living more "primitively" one week out of every month while we're in the jungle where Josh will be working at a medical clinic)

Outside of the building. We live right above a tiny cinema called Ocho y Media. They show mostly Spanish movies though.


inside the building





not a lot of space, but it's comfy for us.


our bedroom


Owen's bedroom


amazing views from the roof of our building


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad you put pictures up so I have a better feel of what it's like there. This is such an amazing experience for your family. You will have so many stories to tell once you're back in the states (esp. in the jungle).

We'll have to talk later. I'm glad things are going well. The pic of Owen on the side there is adorable. He is smiling so big. What a super cutie!!! We miss you guys.

Laurie said...

WOW!! You'd never be able to tell you weren't in the US!

Can't wait for the "primitive" pictures, though, I must say! :)

Brenda said...

Your apartment looks great!! Very homey!! I love the view from the top of your building. Quito is gorgeous, especially those mountains in the distance. Owen looks like he is getting big--and smiling!! Thomas is having a lot of fun. Is Owen a little celebrity in Equador? Thomas loves all the attention he is getting!

Heather said...

Wow, that's pretty nice. Those views are awesome. How's the weather there?

I can't wait to hear about the "primitive" living circumstances and to see pictures.

Debe said...

looks like a cute apartment... it's fun to see where you are!

Andrea said...

Looks like a nice place.

Stoddard Studios said...

Wow, that's not bad at all! Looks like America. That's aweome. You'll have to show jungle pictures too. Still can't believe you're there. How fun for you guys!