Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Three Months Old

Owen turns 3 months today. I think he officially is no longer my infant and is really turning into a little kid! It's amazing how quickly they change and learn new things. Here's what he's been up to these days:

*He loves to play, and he loves attention. He wants me to give him my full attention all the time. So I feel bad when I don't.

*He has discovered that he can play with his toys. He reaches for them and grabs onto some of them.

*He's still not sleeping through the night, maybe 2 or 3 times this whole month. He's also decided to take fewer/shorter naps through the day because it's more fun to play.

*He is starting to want to suck on everything. He still sucks his fist and/or fingers and has started sucking on his toys. He also likes to suck on my shirt when I'm holding him.

*He often stares at his arms and hands. Sometimes when he's quiet I'll look to see if he fell asleep and he's just staring at them intently.

*He is all smiles and will smile in response to my smile. He's especially smiley in the mornings when he first wakes up.

*He laughed for the first time a couple weeks ago, and it is the cutest thing ever! He doesn't laugh all the time, but when he's in a really good I can get him to do it.

*He turns his head in response to my voice, and also in response to music. He loves listening to music.

*He can hold his head up perfectly on his own, which means he now can be a forward-facer in the Baby Bjorn.

*His eyes have stayed blue so far, so he could be a handsome blonde-haired, blue-eyed boy! I hope they don't change color in the future.
He is so sweet and precious, I feel so blessed to have him part of our family! I feel especially blessed that I'm not working and am able to spend so much time with him. I love you Owen!






12 comments:

Laurie said...

It's amazing how fast they grow!

Heather said...

I LOVED these pictures of him. Reading this makes me SOOOO excited for our baby to come!! It sounds like he's a fun baby! I'm so glad that you can be home with him, and that you are enjoying that time! Keep updating, I love to hear about it all!

Debe said...

Happy 3 month Birthday!! we love you guys!!

Andrea said...

He's a cutie and his IS growing fast. Hopefully soon he'll sleep through the night consistently and give you a break.

Amy said...

He's so cute. I can't say that enough. I can't believe he is already 3 months old! It's so fun to watch them grow and learn new things. Happy 1/4 of a B-Day Owen!

heather said...

He is such a cutie!! I love his little smiles!

Anonymous said...

what a handsome little man!

Brenda said...

What a cutie!

Amy Legler said...

That has got to be one of the biggest baby smiles I have ever seen in your first pic! SOO cute!!!

Unknown said...

He's getting so big and cute!

KIMS CORNER said...

Those pictures are so cute! Im glad to hear how you guys are all doing on your blog and see all the great pictures. It sounds like your having lots of fun. :)

KIMS CORNER said...

Hi! Its great reading your blog and seeing all the great pictures showing what you guys have been up to. I cant believe how fast owen is growing! It sounds like you guys are really enjoying yourselves. And Im jealous of all the great cheap stuff you can get at the market. I love going to markets too.