Yesterday we started seeing little red sores around his mouth and lips, then noticed a blister inside his lip. Poor Owen had tried to tell me earlier in the day because he had been pointing to the inside of his mouth, but I just thought he was pointing to his food! No wonder he didn't have an appetite, it probably hurt to eat! Today more spots appeared on his hands and feet, so it confirmed our hand-foot-mouth suspicions.
The good thing is today his fever is gone and he's mostly back to his normal playful self, though still extra senstive to things (crying more often). Now we just have to wait for these sores to go away before he can resume playing with his friends. The hardest part of being sick for Owen is being stuck inside more than usual! We've have gotten out for walks a few times to help all of our sanity. :) At least the weather has been pretty crummy (cold and rainy) so I don't feel as bad staying home inside than if it were beautiful and sunny out!

4 comments:
Oh, poor baby. I am so sorry about Owen. I am glad it's clearing up. No fun. Get better soon sweet boy!
Poor kid. It just seems so hard to avoid that one. Glad he's feeling better.
Garrett had that about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately we passed it from one kid to the next in our play group. Probably my fault for not reading the part where its contagious....oops. Hope he feels better soon!!
Poor little guy! No fun to be stuck inside sick. I take it he doesn't get much into movies?
Post a Comment