Wednesday, July 25, 2007

7 things about me

So I've been tagged by Malinda! Here I go trying to think of 7 things about myself.....

1. I'm pretty frugal. I love it when I can get a good deal on something. Each Sunday I go through the newspaper and clip all the good coupons and I even file them all in my little organizer container. Then I look through the grocery adds and circle all the things we need that are on sale. When I go to the grocery store I carry my coupon box with me to see which ones I can use. I love it when I'm able to save a bundle! I love using all sorts of coupons. Once I got a pair of nice dress shoes from DSW for only $0.01. Yes, one cent! I was so proud of myself. I also found a local website where I can purchase gift certificates for 50% off!

2. I haven't had a dishwasher the entire time I've been married. That = 5+ years! I thought by now I would have been used to washing dishes by hand, but it hasn't happened yet. Since I hate doing dishes I usually wait until the sink is full before I do them (I know that would drive some people crazy!). But it works for me. My husband is pretty good at taking his turn to do them to, which helps a bunch. I just hope the next place we move to has a dishwasher.

3. I am picky with my meat. I eat red meat, but it has to be cooked well done. No pink for me. Grosses me out. I also try to cut off ALL fat/tendons/blood vessels (oh I'm grossing myself just writing this) before I cook my meat. It annoys Josh. I'm very paranoid when it comes to chicken. I'm afraid it will be undercooked. As a result, whenever I cook chicken it's almost always overcooked and way too dry! I also hate eating meat on the bones, it makes me feel like an animal. I'll eat it if it's served to me, but I don't ever eat the skin and I usually try to pull the meat off before I eat it.

4. Another way I'm frugal: I like to get every last drop out of a bottle. Thinks like toothpaste, lotion, shampoo, peanut butter, etc. I'll squeeze, shake, scrape, until I've used as mush as I can possibly get. Once I even cut open a lotion bottle so I could scrape out the rest because it was a big bottle and there was a lot left inside! Hey, it makes things last longer than you think!

5. I have a love-hate relationship with my hair. I LOVE that it's long and thick and shiny and soft. But I HATE that it has a nasty wave to it. This means that I can't ever just let it air dry because otherwise it gets frizzy and way too poofy. So every day I have to blow dry it straight, which makes it straight but it's still poofy, so then I have to smooth it down with a curling or straightening iron. It takes way too long to do my hair.

6. I really don't like to read all that much. I used to read a lot when I was younger, but I think since I had to read so much boring stuff in high school and college, I got tired of reading. I do read (I'm currently reading 'The Memory Keeper's Daughter'), and once I find a good book I can't put it down. It's just the getting started I don't like. Plus, I think I read slow and I usually fall asleep when I'm reading.

7. I've had a variety of jobs. Here's all the jobs I've had: Organ Stop Pizza (I did everything but manage and wash dishes), a temporary position at a Costco grand opening passing out food samples, Motorola (I worked the night shift and wore a bunny suit in a clean room making these disc things), a telemarketing job for like 2 days (I hated it), Jamba Juice, a few temporary positions working as a secretary, a hostess at restaurant Barcelona, a Rehabilitation Facilitator (I worked with a 15 y.o. autistic girl), a legal filer at Holm Wright Hyde and Hayes, Nurse Extern and RN at Chandler Regional Hospital mother/baby, RN at Univ. of Chicago Hospitals L&D.


OK, so now I tag Kim, Amy J., Cassie, Tifani, Allison, Brynn. You must write 7 things about yourselves and post them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, i have to know about #1 website. that is way awesome. and i am the same as you on #4! jackson thinks it hillarious! he will open up a new tube of toothpaste while i keep the old one....which i can still get more toothpaste out of! i enjoyed reading about you! :) now i have to think of 7 things...might take me a while!

KIMS CORNER said...

What website can you get the 50% coupons at? That sounds cool. I'll have to think about what i can post about myself. hmmmm... But as for #5 and your hair being poofy, I heard that if you use a really nice blowdryer, it makes it so it blowdrys without being poofy. Im thinking about getting one. Mine does the poofy thing too.

KIMS CORNER said...

yea, we're going to utah to visit his family, and then to vegas for a few days.

amy mo said...

hey, so that's how people get tagged! I always wondered that. Hopefully I can think of random enough things!