Saturday, September 29, 2007
Back to School
It's official, I'm a student once again. I really can't believe it! When I graduated from ASU with my BSN I told myself I'd never go back to school because getting my degree was quite stressful and exhausting. But after nearly a three year break I guess I've found new energy because here I am, back in school! I started on Tuesday, I'm in an online program through the University of Phoenix for a general Master's of Science in Nursing. I decided this was a good time to start because I feel quite settled in my job now, and my work reimburses tuition 100%. Isn't that great!! I've never taken online classes before, not sure if I even like them. I'm finding it's a LOT of reading and writing, probably not the best learning syle for me because I'm a slow reader and I hate to write, and I don't like sitting in front of a computer all day. But classes are only 6 weeks long and if I want to take a break between classes, I can! And I can "go to class" whenever I want. Works great with my work schedule. So, here's to furthering my education!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Good for you!! Just so you know I am a slow reader and I also hate writing and I got my BSB/A from the University of Phoenix. It is so worth it and it makes the classes and years go by fast because you are getting through classes so much faster!
That is great!!! I have seriously been considering heading back myself...I just don't know which direction yet, so I'm on hold until something feels right. Good luck with all the extra reading and writing, but nothing beats the flexible schedule and free tuition!
Good for you! I have not had that urge...yet! I think it may be coming though! I can't help it, I love school! Let me know how the program goes at UOP! I am interested in doing the online masters program - if I could stay disciplined! Anyway, good luck - you will do great!
Congrats!! Here's to the back-to-schoolers. I swore I'd never return either when I got my BSA.
Obviously I forgot to knock on wood. I'm supposed to have a MSN in 2009, when do you graduate with yours?
Whenever I hear "Back to school" I think of Billy Madison! Good luck!
holy cow! you are my hero! no joke. you rock. i cant make up my mind about the whole school thing. anyhow, congrats to you!
That's awesome you're going back to school. I need to do that too. I think online classes would not be good for my learning style either, but I think it could be great to do as a mother {because of the flexibility}. Maybe I'll look into it. You've inspired me. That's cool your work is going to pay for it.
wow, you must be crazy! Just kidding. Maybe after 3 years of being away from school I'd wanna go back too. (highly doubtful though). But I'm completely just like you, because I'm a VERY slow reader (I didn't read a single book all the way through in AP English) and I despise writing. But good for you for getting it done! & that's smart to take advantage of free tuition!
P.S. Mom says happy birthday to Josh! She meant to call but she had to work tonight
Melanie, I am so proud of you. A masters! That will be awesome.
That is one of the greatest things about UoP is that the classes are only like 5-6 weeks long. And your work pays for that, you can't beat it. Otherwise, it's quite pricey.
Good job! You go girl :-P
Post a Comment