Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy Birthday Josh!

Happy Birthday to my dear husband!! Yesterday he turned 28. I know, he's turning into an old man and I frequently remind him of it, but then again I'm only dragging 2 years behind. :) In honor of his birthday I wanted to list 28 reasons why I love him so much. I know there are many many more, but I'll just limit it to these 28:

1. He can always make me smile, even when I'm in a bad mood
2. He always helps out with the housework even though he's busy with school. He even does laundry and cleans the toilet!
3. He hasn't really gained weight since we were married, and he's got a great bod.
4. He likes to work out and that helps motivate me to work out as well, which makes me happy
5. He always scratches my back, even when he doesn't want to
6. He has a pretty good sense of direction and I trust that he won't get me lost
7. He is very smart but doesn't take work or school too, too seriously (just serious enough), and that means we are able to spend lots of fun quality time together
8. He loves to travel and he got me hooked on traveling.
9. He has a great smile
10. He loves to play with kids, and kids love him too
11. He is an animal/reptile/bug/plant expert. He studied biology books as a kid and also worked at the Phoenix Zoo, so whenever we're out hiking or camping or wherever, I can ask him a question about plants or animals and he'll almost always know the answer
12. He buys me flowers
13. He tells me I'm beautiful everyday
14. He never really sang growing up and doesn't really like to sing, but he will always join the ward choir if I'm in it
15. He manages all our money well and always tries to find better ways to invest it, and doesn't go out and spend it on frivolous things
16. He listens to all my complaints and frustrations and doesn't try to give me advice when I really don't want it
17. He always comes up with witty things to say
18. He always fulfills his church callings to the best of his ability
19. He's usually the first one to say he's sorry and he admits when he's wrong
20. He's very creative and can come up with fun little things all the time. He usually tries to do something creative for my anniversary or Christmas gifts. He's taken me on treasure hunts to find my gift and made me little books and poems.
21. He's strong and knows how to fight so I always feel safe with him and know he'll protect me from any "bad guys"
22. He never criticizes decisions I make and supports me with whatever things I want to do
23. He loves his family
24. He is a great teacher
25. He never ever yells
26. He likes to cuddle every night before we fall asleep.
27. He makes me breakfast in bed
28. He is fully committed to me and loves me more than anything in the world!


For his birthday he was busy all day with school stuff, but we did manage to go out to dinner to a nice Mexican restaurant that was supposed to have authentic Mexico City food. I thought he'd like it since he went to Mexico City on his mission. It was probably nicer than anything he ate in Mexico City though! I also made him cupcakes, he even got to blow out the "28" candles! And I got him exactly what he asked for: a bigger George Foreman grill with removable plates for easier cleaning! I am so excited for it!! We have a small George Forman, but it's so hard to clean so I hate using it. He loved it of course and said he had a great birthday. I'm glad he did, I love him so much!


Like the fancy wrapping paper? It was either comics or Christmas.

14 comments:

Amy said...

how nice. Happy Birthday Josh! Sounds like you guys had a nice day/evening together!

Stoddard Studios said...

Happy Birthday Josh. Looks like you guys had fun. I need to get a bigger Geoege Forman grill too. I have the small one and it is a pain to clean.

Anonymous said...

you are the most adorable wife! sounds like josh is a keeper, too. ps. warn him burning his foot on that george foreman. {if you watched that office episode, you'd know why...if not, disregard} ;)

oh, and yeah, the e.l.f. makeup is for real. the stuff is smaller than i was expecting, but hey it was like 0.75 cents a piece!

Melanie said...

ha ha ha ha! That was the very first episode we watched, and I think it's still my favorite (I haven't seen a whole lot though). I'll just make sure he doesn't cook breakfast by our bed in the morning. :)

Scott, Emilie, and Sterling said...

Girl, you are still as adorable as ever! I came across your page and I'm so glad I did! I hope everything is going good for you -- it looks like you are happy and well. Drop me a line sometime: I'd love to keep in touch with ya! --emilie

Shelly said...

Hope it was a great birthday!

heather said...

That's great! I love how you wrapped the present in comics, I've done that too! Sounds like he had a great birthday!

KIMS CORNER said...

Cute cupcakes! They look yummy! Josh is lucky to have a great wife that loves to say so many nice things about him! That was a really cute list of things you love about him.

amy mo said...

I agree with Kim. That was a very cute list & I was smiling when I read them. & No, I'm not a fan of Lost. I've just never seen an episode of it. Why doesn't it start til January? That's strange.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's so sweet.

Tell Josh "Happy belated birthday" from our family. I meant to call you guys. Sorry.

We need to talk and catch up. Hope things are good. Thank goodness for blogs, it keeps us updated for these busy in between times when we can't talk on the phone or email.

Call me whenever you have time.

Scott, Emilie, and Sterling said...

That is so cool that you guys are living outside AZ ... Scott and I are just itching to leave! How do you like it? Super cold? I read your list of reasons why you love your hubby -- so cute! He sounds like a keeper, girl :) Have fun and I'll talk to you later...

Danielle said...

Does Josh know you put all this mushy stuff about him on the internet?? :) Just kidding. I like #16. I'm impressed he's learned that so soon!

Melanie said...

OK, I just realized it says I posted this on 10/1, even though I really posted it 10/2. So when I said his b-day was "yesterday" I meant 10/1. Just to clarify, not that anyone really cares! Just anal Melanie. :)

Evan & Chrissy said...

Happy late Birthday! My birthday was on the 4th :) We are doing good... I finally got some posts on my blog! yay! haha how are you guys? I'm so jealous of all the trips you go on! Maybe someday...