Sunday, October 28, 2007

**Savannah Smiles**

Today I took a walk down memory lane and watched my favorite childhood movie, Savannah Smiles. I'm sure not too many people have heard of it, but for some reason I loved it! When I was between the ages of perhaps 4-6 I watched this movie probably a hundred times! It's about a little girl who runs away from home and ends up with some jail-bird escapees whose hearts soften and they fall in love with the little girl. I don't know why but I had been itching to watch it again and it finally came in our netflix. I wanted to see if it still lived up to my fond memories, and it did. :)

13 comments:

Madelyn said...

I too remember loving that movie when I was little! Sometimes I get nostalgic for old movies. Lately I've wanted to rent Pollyanna.

Danielle said...

Yeah, I've never heard of it... But have you seen Ice Castles? That was a favorite of mine as a kid. I think I just liked the ice skating. And I had a crush on Robby Benson. :) (He's probably more popularly known as the voice of Beast in Beauty and the Beast.)

Laurie said...

I think I remember that movie! The girl sure is cute in it!

Kristen said...

I LOVED Savannah Smiles! I use to watch that all the time too! Right when I saw her face, I knew it was Savannah. :)

Maria said...

I LOVED that movie as a kid! We didn't own the movie, but I remember always asking to rent it. I haven't seen it in forever.

Anyhow, I changed my blog to private. If you send me a quick email, then I can invite you. My email is onesmartchicken@gmail.com

KIMS CORNER said...

I remember loving that movie too. Even though I was probably really little when you watched it. I'll have to rewatch it. Its always interesting rewatching a movie as an adult and noticing so many things you never noticed before. I rewatched the movie "ghost dad" recently, and hated it. I loved it to death though when i was a kid.

Anonymous said...

oh gosh! it's been forever since i've seen that movie! i always like watching movies that i used to watch when i was little. like fried green tomatoes was on tv last month and i had to record it and watch it! i used to watch that all the time at my grandmas house...

Shelly said...

Oooh....I remember that movie!! That girl is such a cutie.

Anonymous said...

ha ha! We loved watching that movie too! I thought she was the cutest little girl. I love watching movies from long ago. Goonies, Labrynth, Hugabunch....all favs of mine.

heather said...

I loved that movie!!

Stoddard Studios said...

I totally remember that movie. I loved it too. I get an itch to watch old movies too. A few nights ago I wanted to watch Dennis the Menice. Ha ha.

Melanie said...

Wow, I'm totally surprised how many other people have heard of Savannah Smiles! I thought I was the only one. Glad to see other people liked it too. The little girl was a cutie, but I heard she died on an overdose of drugs like 10 years ago. So sad that happens to the cute ones.

Maranda Whittle said...

I've never seen it, but it sounds good!