Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Feeling Thankful
The last week or two has been pretty busy and crazy at work! It's at times like these when I am reminded to be grateful for the good health I have. As of recently our unit has been trying to specialize in high-risk obstetrics (it a money thing). This means we have been seeing pretty sick people or people with just crazy stuff going on. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've seen! But seeing these things has helped me realize how thankful I am to have the health and situation that I do. When I feel like my life is rough, I realize that my life could be much harder or difficult. What can I say, my job can be quite challening at times, but it is also so rewarding to know that I am helping these people who need it the most. (Plus, I never tire of seeing a baby enter the world!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Wow, that is so amazing. I would LOVE to chat with you about your work and find out what it is you do and what your job entails (as opposed to regular med-surg, etc). Crazy how no matter how hard our lives are we still wouldn't want someone else's huh?
That's what our Enrichment night was about last night, There's people out there with far worse problems then we have.
I bet that would be neat to see all those babies being born!
Mel, you amaze me. I wish I lived closer to you. :)
Thats so true. I'm so glad everyone is my family has good health.
I totally know what you mean. I know you see alot more hands on, but when I'd go to my high risk appts during both my pregnancies, I saw some women who told me about some really tough stuff.
Mine were hard, as you know, but there are always those who had it worse. And we're watched over, and everything will turn out as it should. We just have to rely on the Lord. And thank him for good health . . .
Post a Comment