This week has been nurses week. What that means for me is that at work I get a few special gifts (we got a big umbrella, a kitkat, an ID badge holder, and a poem on a card...much better than a couple years ago when all we got were 5 m&m's each. Seriously.), a few free lunches, a "special" email from our manager thanking us for our hard work, and a few people got awards. It's kind of nice to be recognized, and it's great we get an entire week dedicated to us! Now if only we got pay raises....
Well, in honor of nurses week I found the "Top 10 Reasons To Become A Nurse." Maybe this will convince some of you to become nurses like it did me.
Top 10 Reasons To Become A Nurse:
1. Pays better than fast food, though the hours aren't as good.
2. Fashionable shoes & sexy white uniforms.
3. Needles: It's better to give than to receive.
4. Reassure your patients that all bleeding stops....eventually.
5. Expose yourself to rare, exotic, & exciting new diseases.
6. Interesting aromas.
7. Courteous & infallible doctors who always leave clear orders in perfectly legible handwriting.
8. Do enough charting to navigate around the world.
9. Celebrate the holidays with all your friends....at work.
10. Take comfort that most of your patients survive no matter what you do to them.
I really am happy to be a nurse, it's a great rewarding job!!


10 comments:
Thanks Melanie! This made me laugh, a welcome break from studying for finals/HESI exams! Thats awesome you got an umbrella, I'm jealous :-)
Funny!! Hope you don't mind, I told my mom to check out this post. She's going nursing school right now and I thought she'd enjoy it.
5 M&M's?... why change something so good? ha
My mom always said that when all her children were grown, that she was going to go back to school to become a nurse(her lifelong dream) and 2 years ago, she finally got to do it and became a nurse!!
happy nurses week!
Well, I guess I can share teacher appreciation week with nurses week. How funny that they're the same week. Thought I'd finally check out your blog so I can be up on what's happening in your life. Thanks for the cookies! They are yummy. The card was very cute too! You are quite talented! Have a great week and just think, in another year, you'll be celebrating Mother's Day!
Hey Melan,
I started my own blog today. It's mesamadre.blogspot.com Hope you enjoy it and we can use it as a way to stay connected.
An umbrella AND an ID card holder? Woohoo!! lol.
You are much braver than I. I could never deal with the yucky stuff. (Blood, spit and other bodily fluids)
I really enjoy reading your blog melanie!! they nake me laugh!! I am glad that you are apprecaited at work nurses do alot!!
Shelly
You are too cute! I copied and send your post to my little brother Stephen. He is working at some hospital in Phoenix and I thought he would enjoy that. I hope you don't mind. I am a little sad you are moving to Ecuador. I hope you have tons of fun though. You are amazing. Have a fabulous day.
Yo, the umbrellas are like ginormous... I gave mine to our secretary because it would definitely become a weapon at our house.....
I love your 10 reasons though. Hear, hear, sister......
Post a Comment