Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our Morning Downtown

Josh didn't have to be to his clinical until noon today, so we decided to take advantage of the morning and get some errands done. We headed downtown to the Ecuadorian consulate office to take care of some things. We got done sooner than anticipated and had time to kill before Josh had to be back, so we took a nice stroll through Millenium Park and Grant Park. The weather was beautiful and it was sunny! Here are some of the things we saw:

The "face towers." These towers display various faces. Odd, but people like them. In the summer kids love to play in the water.


There was a modern art display in the park. This was meant to be a swing, and Josh had some fun on it!


I opted to just sit on it.


We had to stop by the "bean."


Taking a picture of our reflection


Another view of the "bean"







This is a very bizarre art display on the very south end of Grant Park. I drive by it all the time and have wanted to get a picture of it for a long time just so I can remember it, so I'm finally glad I was able to! I call them the legs or the walking feet, but the true name is "Agora." There are 106 of these sculptures, and they are supposed to be headless, armless people I guess. Strange, but they attract a lot of attention!


7 comments:

Laurie said...

I want to visit Chicago now!!! There's a lot of really cool stuff to see! That bean thing looks really neat!

Amy said...

I would love to come there some day! Looks like you had a great morning. Also, your belly is looking bigger! Too fun

Heather said...

It looks beautiful there. So green. By the way you such a cute prego lady.

Kristy said...

That's some neat looking stuff. I like your reflection in the bean! And I'm glad that the weather was so nice. I hear that you guys are supposed to be having some severe weather this weekend.

My doctor actually flew to Chicago yesterday morning to go to his son-in-laws medical graduation this weekend. He was graduating from Layola. So I had to wait all day for another doctor to come and discharge me. So hopefully your weather isn't too bad!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! You look cute Mel.

Andrea said...

I've been meaning to get a picture of those leg sculptures too. Looks like a fun walk through downtown. You got some nice photos.

kemra said...

Still Heather here-

I totally want to go to Chicago now!