Saturday, November 15, 2008

In Memory of Grandma Helen

Josh's great-grandma passed away this week. She was 97 years old. I only knew her for a few years, but she was an amazing woman! She traveled to many places during her life and was always interested to hear about our travels. She was a teacher for many years and she highly valued education. The last time we were with her she made sure to remind Owen that he needs to get a good ecuation! She loved her family dearly and was always interested in the details of everyone's life. Even though she had several grandchildren to think about, she made a point to remember what we were up to in our life and always asked us questions about it. She always put others' needs and concerns before hers. And she could do crossword puzzles better than anyone!

I am so so gald we were able to get this picture in August:


We love you and miss you Grandma Helen!! We know you are in a better place now and that we'll see you again someday!

4 comments:

Amy Legler said...

I am so sorry!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Grandma Helen. Yes, she is now in a much better place, but I am sure is greatly missed.

Laurie said...

What an amazing woman!

Wow, it's not every day you can get FIVE generations in one picture!! Treasure that picture!

Unknown said...

That is a great picture. I had a grandma Helen, too!