Today is Owen's half birthday! Already 6 months old, and so much fun! It feels like he's changed a lot this past month.
Here's what he's doing now:
*He weighs 15lbs 4oz, and is 25.5 inches long.
*He can sit up all on his own now! He has good balance and can reach for his toys without falling over.
*He rolls over from his back to his tummy all the time now. He plays on his side and his tummy, and often sleeps on his side or tummy, more so than on his back. I always put him to sleep on his back, but he almost immediately turns or flips. It used to worry me at first, but I figure he is still breathing and he likes it and he sleeps well that way, so I let him be.
*He eats rice cereal now. He has taken a pretty good liking to it, and usually eats it twice a day. He also gets to eat in his new big boy booster chair!
*He still has the prettiest bright blue eyes, and he gets commented on them all the time, especially from the girls. He's already a big flirt!
*He is turning into a mama's boy. He seems to want constant attention from me, and still often cries when I leave the room and he knows when I'm not around. But it still warms my heart when he is so excited to see me!
*He love to play and hang out with daddy. Daddy teaches him how to be strong, does little exercises with him on his belly, and is also starting to teach him some Spanish.
*He loves bath time and loves to splash the water (especially onto mommy). I can't wait until we have a full-size bathtub for him to play in.
*He is ticklish on his hands and feet and laughs when I clean them.
"Hello everyone! I was going to package myself up and ship to the U.S. so I could visit family, but mommy said no. But only 4 1/2 more months til I get to see you again!"

8 comments:
James always sleeps on his stomach now too. We lay him down on his back and within seconds he is on his stomach. I figure that if that is what they used to tell moms to do it can't be too bad.
Josh, Zamise and Reggie were asking about you a few weeks ago, wondering when you would get back.
Happy Half Birthday Owen! And wow, only 4 1/2 months left!? Crazy. That went by quickly!
I can't believe how much he's changed since his last pictures. He's going to be so different by the time we get to see him. I'd love another video clip when you have a chance. I'd also love to hear about your trip
he is getting soooo big and is cute as ever!! his grandpa would have celebrated his half birthday with him if he were here!! Love all the pictures and the interesting info!
He is so big and cute. I love your updates. It'll be nice to see you guys again.
He is so cute! Melanie, you are looking so tan! Good for you. I'm sad we'll be gone by the time you get back. We'll have to come back to Chicago sometime next year!
he is so cute! some pictures he looks more like you and some he looks more like josh....so, i guess what i'm saying is that you two are cute :)
I love the picture of you and Owen laying down with his hand on your chin. That is just too precious!
Post a Comment