Thursday, April 23, 2009

American Goods

Our friend Sarah had some visitors come, and so I had them bring me some stuff from the USA. One thing I really wanted was Cherrios for Owen. I hadn't been able to find ANY puffed-grain baby food or similar cereals here. The stores only have sugar-coated stuff like fruit loops, chocolate puffs, trix, and frosted flakes, or adult cereals like granola and honey bunches of oats. Not ideal for Owen. So I was quite happy to get these! Plus, it came with a cool race car, a sweet bonus. Owen is excited for any new toys.



Her friends also brought THIS:
Yummy Easter candy!!! And my favorite, Reese's peanut butter cups! They also brought some muffin mixes. I have been wanting blueberries for a while now (there are NONE in Ecuador. I bet most Ecuadorians have never even tasted blueberries.) and Sarah told her friends, so they were nice and surprised me with blueberry and mixed berry muffin mix!!!


All I can say is I am one happy person right now.
:)

5 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm guessing that after this year away, there will be a LOT of things that you won't take for granted that the rest of us take for granted without even realizing!!

Maranda Whittle said...

I guess we take alot of things for granted until, we don't have them anymore, huh! (I just read Laurie's post, so I guess it's true, lol!)

Amy said...

This post is awesome--we have some friends in Australia right now, and they always get so excited when their family sends them food stuffs (like twice a year) because little things like hershey kisses aren't there! I'm glad you got some good American easter candy :D

Melanie said...

ooh, Hershey's! None of that here either.

Kayla and Samuel said...

Hi Melanie,

Awesome & thanks for saying hello, I don't mind a bit and I am estatic to see familiar pictures of both places and events! I served in the ward you are in for about one month while I was one of the bienestar coordinators & then my comp. finished her mission & I was transfered. I will have to look and see if I have any members names recorded, there was an american family who worked at the embasy living in that ward. Most of the general authorities lived there too, but when there were paros they all had to evacuate and relocate. I was in the MTC with Brad (Heather's hubby), he was one of our A.P.'s and I was the coordinating sister. Probably sounds wierd, but we were a pretty close district and I love keeping in contact with everyone, like Alma and the sons of Mosiah :) I doubt anyone will remember me since we spent a fairly good amount of time in the office, Hma. Mortensen