Monday, April 27, 2009

Question of the Week

I think this question thing is kind of fun! Here's another one, to go along with last week's question.
How often do you wash/change your bed sheets?
My Answer:
This is probably a little embarrassing, but I don't usually change my bed sheets but every month or so. Sometimes I forget to and it will be more than two months before I remember to wash them. And I just feel they don't get dirty enough to necessitate washing them more frequently. Plus, I hate taking all the sheets off and putting new ones on! It's such a pain. Since we have to carry all our laundry to a laundromat, and then pay for all our laundy to be washed, it's just more convenient and more frugal to wash them less frequently. :)

14 comments:

RHulsey said...

I am the same way :[ except when I get around to washing it I totally forget to re-make the bed and then it is 10:00 pm and we just want to go to sleep so sometimes we go a night without sheets. Awful, I know.

Laurie said...

I'm right there with ya! I always forget. Not making the bed helps me wash the sheets faster, though! ;)

Of course, the kids sheets get changed more frequently, especially when we have *accidents* in the night. :S

Emryn said...

I love washed sheets. We switch between two sets so I don't have to necessarily wash them the same day I change them. We have been sick a lot lately, so I wash them about once a week, otherwise it is any where between a week and half to two weeks. Never more then two weeks.

acandiedapple said...

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I wash about once a month with the occasional longer stint. I LOVE newly washed sheets though so I always tell myself when I don't have to carry everything down 3 flights of stairs that I will do it every other week or so.

Marie said...

Every Week. It's part of the "Saturday Chores".

Bayra said...

I probably wash them every other week. I would like to do it weekly because I really like getting into clean sheets. It feels different. Since I don't have washer and dryer at home every other week is just fine.

Anonymous said...

OK! I am so with you on this one! I HATE it too! Although when you let your baby sleep i bed with you and his diaper leaks you HAVE to wash them LOTS more! (Noah doesn't sleep with us but Mason did... still does)
I probably wash mine about every 3 weeks. At least you have a good excuse. My washer and dryer are at least under the same roof!

Amy said...

Honestly, I'm with you...we have to pay to wash our loads, and so I tend to wait AS LONG AS POSSIBLE even though it isn't the most desirable thing to do.

When it is summer, I find myself changing/washing the sheets more often, primarily because we sleep with the window open so more dirt comes in and I think dirty sheets feel hotter than clean cool sheets. We use flannel in the winter, and that is probably once every 6 weeks...hopefully this will change after we own a w/d!

heather said...

I'm more like you. :)

Valerie said...

Once a month sounds about right, maybe two months.
However, I wash pillowcases much more frequently--if not every week, at least every other week. I have an issue with dirty pillows.

Katy, Bill and Easton said...

I think I only get around to once a month. I guess that is pretty bad but oh well! (:
I do love laying on clean sheets though, one of my favorite things!

Jeannie said...

So funny but that is EXACTLY how I feel! If we had our own washer and dryer, I know I'd do things differently. :)

Amy Legler said...

I'm really bad at doing it every week too. Like you said, I hate putting new sheets on. True, there is nothing like sleeping in a bed with fresh sheets on them, but I HATE putting the clean ones on. Luckily for Garrett, he is great at reminding me when its time to change them - he will just happen to spit up on them :)

Brenda said...

CAN I just say I am envious that you got Easter candy!!! But I try to change the sheets every two weeks. Is that horrible, or normal?