Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March


The month of March was a really busy one for us! With Josh hiking Cotopaxi, going to Tena, going to Baños, having Josh's grandma visit, Owen getting teeth and learning to crawl, things have been almost non-stop! But I like it this way. We've seen a lot, done a lot, and had a lot of fun. We like to be on the go. But I'm starting to realize that all our traveling is getting a bit tiresome. It's hard to pack and unpack our bags so often, and it's even harder when we have to pack all of Owen's things too. It's hard to travel by bus. Owen is and always has been such a good traveler, but I think it's getting a little bit harder for him as well. He doesn't sleep as much, and when he is sleeping it is more easily interrupted. Having his naps interrupted doesn't always make for a happy baby!

But, this past week and a half Josh has been working in La Y and Owen and I have been in Quito. (It's getting too hard for all of us to lug our things out there for a stay longer than a few days. That's the main reason Owen and I stay behind.) It's been nice not to have anywhere to travel to, to be able to stay inside, to make sure Owen gets all of his naps. Whenever Josh has been gone I always make a "to do" list, and usually get it all done. I stay busy doing the mundane things of life and motherhood, but I also make sure to get out a little. This past week I've met up with some friends, gone to lunch, made some new friends, went to the senior missionaries' home, went to the mall. I feel so blessed to be able to have the small group of friends that I do! It's also a nice feeling to know I am able to live independently and be ok with it, not be nervous or scared- even in a foreign country! I absolutely do miss Josh, but it's been nice to have this little bit of "me" time.

When Josh gets back to Quito we'll have a few weeks to kill before he gets busy again. Weeks like those are always the hardest for us, when we have no set plans and we just try to stay as busy as we can. But then we remind ourselves that we need to enjoy and treasure this free time we have to spend together, because in a few months from now such days will be few and far between! We have less than three more months to go here in Ecuador! We want to make the most of it, though these next months probably won't be as busy as March was. We are going to enjoy things while they last, because we'll be home before we know it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

How fun for you to get some much needed time to just chill with Owen and stick to a schedule.

After this experience, do you think you'd be up for living in another country again later down the road?

Valerie said...

Wow, what an adventure!

How do you make the photo collages? I have never figured it out.