Owen turned 18 months this past Friday, and the big milestone we've been anxiously and impatiently waiting for happened today...he finally got to attend nursery at church!!!
I've been in primary for about a month now so Josh has had to care for wrestle with Owen all alone for the first two hours of church. Lets just say it was a happy day that Owen started nursery! Owen is a good kid, but he's so energetic and it's hard for him to sit still or quietly for more then 5 or 10 minutes at a time. Josh said it was SO nice to finally be able to listen to the lessons uninterrupted!
We decided a while ago to have an all-or-nothing approach to nursery. We didn't take him to nursery a week or so early to get used to it, and we didn't sit and stay with him since it was the first day. We took him, Josh showed him a toy, and we left. And he did really well! No tears, no looking back. He usually does really well with new toys and can play with them for hours, so I never worried that he'd have a hard time. Hopefully the novelty of the new toys won't wear off any time soon and he'll continue to enjoy nursery for the years to come!




5 comments:
That is great! I hope that Connor can take to nursery as readily as Owen has.
Owen is old enough to be in nursery? Wow. I really have been gone from Chicago for a while. Glad to hear that he did good in nursery. I just got called as our ward nursery leader so I try hard to make sure the kids LOVE coming because it's a huge deal for the parents to have happy kids that WANT to go to nursery.
Wow! Owen's in nursery. Can't believe he's old enough already. Where has the time gone???
YEAH, I'm glad Owen gets to go to nursery.
I have learned and now say that it's a good thing we have a testimony before we had kids, because now that they are here, we never get to hear a lesson, talk, or have a quiet moment at church. ha ha
Wow! Owen is so big. How fun! Glad the nursery transition is going well. That's exactly what we did with Warren. Colin stood outside the door with him that first Sunday until he wanted to go in bad enough by himself. Once he walked through the door he didn't look back. We never had any problems and I hope you guys don't either!
Post a Comment