Friday, February 19, 2010

Ice Skating

The event I enjoy the most of the winter olympics is probably ice skating. It's amazing to me that these people can dance and move incredibly well on ice, including jumping and spinning and then landing on a super thin blade! Pretty talented.

We went ice skating a few weeks ago here in Chicago. We went to the outdoor rink on the Midway Plaisance not far from where we live. The ice was super bumpy so lets just say I didn't feel like an olympic ice skater out there, but it was still fun! I love how free ice skating makes me feel. Now if only I could skate backwards or do some spins and jumps! That would be fun.

This picture is super blurry because I was just using my point and shoot camera, butI wanted to show that Owen was there too! He'll have to wait a few more years to get out on the ice though.

No comments: