Friday, February 19, 2010

Unwelcome Visitor

A stomach bug decided to visit us this week. So far it's only been fond of Owen, but that's bad enough! Josh and I are taking precautions and crossing our fingers that we don't catch it too.

This unwelcome stomach bug made its appearance on Wednesday while I was gone at the dentist and made Owen throw up a few times. Poor Josh had to clean up all the messes by himself! But not to worry, I paid my dues because Owen threw up a couple more times on me after I got home. Luckily I was able to catch some of it in a bowl. But man, does barf stink! I'm having a hard time getting the smell out of my apartment, especially since some of it got on the fabric sides of Owen's pack 'n play and it doesn't come apart to wash.

I thought Owen was getting better yesterday because he only threw up once, but today it has evolved to the runs. At least this problem has been a little more contained, but somehow it still manages to leak!

I feel so bad for the little guy because I know he feels miserable. All he wants to do is sit on my lap and cuddle. He tries to play a little, but gets tired pretty quickly. He's sleeping extra and is on his second nap for the day. Hopefully this will pass quickly and he'll get his appetite back again soon!

2 comments:

The Thompson's said...

aaawww, poor guy! Hopefully you or Josh don't get sick.

RHulsey said...

Oh no. That is terrible. Poor kid.