For the past 11 days I have been fighting off a bad cold and sinus infection. I even called off work one day, which I hardly do! Today I finally feel like I'm winning the fight! So this past week was a pretty lazy week. I didn't plan any dinners (I usually try to have food for specific meals I've planned) and we had little food in the house so it left us to be creative with our meals. My apartment needs to be cleaned, and I haven't exercised in SO long. I usually try to at least 3 times a week. I have kept up with my school work though, but that means I've just been sitting in front of the computer all day. I feel like I'm turning into a big blob! At the beginning of last week I really did need to sleep, but as the week progressed I'm not sure if my laziness was due to me feeling sick, or just being a slacker. Probably a little of both.
Today I went and had my crown lengthening done {which by the way wasn't too bad, once my little reaction to the novacaine passed~for the record, it is not meant to be injected into a blood vessel!~my mouth is just sore and it's hard to eat, the stitches are more irritating than anything} so now I have another excuse to be a slacker! ;) Tomorrow is a new day though, and I pledge to get back to my regular routines and will hit the gym first thing! And go grocery shopping.
We'll see about the cleaning.

8 comments:
wow, that stinks that you've been sick and had a novocaine reaction. Yikes. On the other hand, good for you for getting tons of school done. I would have been tempted to just sit in front of the tv all day!(and all night)
Oh Melanie, I am sorry to hear you've been sick. It's hard to get going again and get back into a regular routine after being down for so long.
The exercise will definitely help with your energy level. I have to everyday or I'll feel more tired.
I hope your mouth heals quickly.
love this post. why? because it is my life for the past two weeks. we are so on the same page. only, i don't have the school excuse. or the dentist excuse either. :/
Wow, you've had a week! My goodness. I would not be feeling all that bad for kickin' back a little if I were you ... you so deserve it! That bit about the dentist is rough - ouchie. Hope you feel better soon! :)
Im glad to hear that your tooth thing went ok. You definitely have an excuse to be a slacker if you had a sinus infection, and just got your tooth done, and have a bunch of school to do. Its good to let yourself be lazy sometimes...as long as its not too often..haha. Ive been pretty lazy for way too long now, since my foot is broken, and i dont feel like walking ever. I hope it heals soon. P.S. what exactly is a novocaine reaction? What happened when they tried to inject it into your blood vessel?
Everyone needs a couple of day. I don't feel sick but I do feel like a slacker most days. Excercise does help, but it is just doing it that kills me.
I hope you feel better.
I love being a slacker. Everyone has to do it now and again. Yeah, I bet the stitches are more annoying then anything. Hope it heals soon.
wow, I hate being sick! I think I was starting to get sick cuz I've been stressing so much about school, but it never really came. I'm glad you're getting better though. & man, I'm a slacker without being sick! I wish I had that as an excuse.
Post a Comment