This pregnancy comes has a huge blessing to us, and we can't be more grateful! I know some people know our story and others don't, so I'll share a little. I've had a hard time getting pregnant, and it took us 3 1/2 years to finally achieve a successful pregnancy. Two years ago I learned I have endometriosis, which most likely is the cause of my infertility. It was only discovered because I was trying to get pregnant, otherwise I wouldn't have suspected it. To make a long story short, I had to go through several cycles of fertility treatments including three IVF cycles (one which ended in a miscarriage), dozens of dr. visits and blood tests, a few acupuncture treatments, endless prayers and fasting, and finally the third IVF cycle worked! I could have had triplets because they transferred 3 embryos to me, but I am happy there is only one baby! :) The emotional rollercoaster that infertility treatment puts a person through has not been easy nor fun, but I am so thankful for the support I have had. And I will forever be grateful for this place:
Monday, February 11, 2008
Exciting News to Share!
Ok, so Josh and I are spilling the beans and spreading the news:
We're going to have a baby!!!
Yes, that means I'm pregnant! We are so happy, excited, and ecstastic! I am 13 weeks along today due August 18th, and overall have been feeling pretty good so far, just some nausea that seems to be resolving now. I decided to wait until after my 12 week ultrasound to tell everyone, just so I could have peace of mind that everything was going well. Here are some pictures of our little peanut (and that's probably just how big he or she is right now!):
little fingers!!
We also feel incredibly blessed to be living in Illinois while going through all this. Illinois is one of the only states in the country that has mandated infertility coverage, so all (I think all, if not most) insurances must provide some sort of infertility coverage. I have been lucky enough to have an insurance that covers infertility treatment 100%!! So where I could have ended up paying thousands and thousands of dollars, I've only had to pay a small fee for physician consults and medications. We can't help but feel we were watch over and guided in our decision to move to Chicago for Josh's schooling.
It's been a little strange but exciting to finally be able to look ahead to the future now and think about settling a family. The past nearly 6 years that we've been married have been really great for Josh and I, just the two of us. We've been able to do a lot and travel a lot together, and I will always treasure the things we've done. It's really been nice to work full-time as well. I've made great friendships and developed great skills that I can take with me anywhere. This pregnancy comes at a good time I think, where I finally feel ready to change my main focus and start raising a family.
I can't wait to start really feeling and looking pregnant. I hope to enjoy every moment of my pregnancy (I'll even try to enjoy the not-so-fun and uncomfortable moments) because I don't know how many times I'll be able to go through this. And I'll definitely keep posting my progress here on the blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




28 comments:
(ok, does anyone else have problems with spacing in your posts? no matter what I do and how many times I edit, it never puts spaces between paragraphs like I want. it's nerve wracking!!)
MELANIE!!! That is so incredibly awesome. Congrats. And congrats on not getting triplets when you didn't want them. I'm laughing reading this because I just wrote a post about pregnancy. Too funny.
I'm tearing up! I'm so thrilled for you, and you are so deserving of a healthy pregnancy. This is such an exciting time of life, I'm so happy for what is awaiting you!
Oh YEAH!!!! Congrats!!!! That is so exciting!!! What a blessing!!! I bet that was so hard to wait that long to announce it! With our 2nd I was going to wait until I was 12 weeks, but couldn't help it and told everyone when I was only 4 weeks. Oops!
YEA!!!! Congratulations!!! I can NOT wait to see what gorgeous baby you two will have!
I'm so excited for you!! What a blessing that everything fell in to place how it did!
I'm so excited for you both! I hope everything goes smoothly. And good luck with your South America plans. That would be quite an adventure!
Congratulations! That is just so exciting! (And I totally agree that the spacing on my posts drives me crazy. And it drives me even more crazy when my husband views my blog through Firefox and the spacking is totally messed up because I made the post in Explorer!)
Congratulations!! That is so exciting!! I love seeing them when they're little in the ultrasounds, it's an amazing thing!
oh, i am crying! how wonderful. i am so completely thrilled and happy for you! what a blessing. i am wondering if you would email me?
mrs_hallows@yahoo.com
Yay! I was wondering when you would post about it! I can't be happier for you. What a great mom you will be. (Josh will be a great dad too!) Put up pics of your belly as it gets big!
Congrats!! I am so excited for you!!
congrats melanie
I am so happy for you! You will be the best mom ever! Please teach your child the ins and out about Chinese improv. I will teach Grace, and then they can make beautiful music together!
Just wondering...working in L&D and having seen it all, is that a comfort to you, or does it make you nervous?
I'm soooo happy for you!! What an awesome blessing!! I hope everything goes so well for you!!! Congrats!!
I am so happy for you that I am actually crying right now. :) This is so wonderful and no body deserves it more. :)
I love you two. You guys will be some of the earth's best parents, no doubt!!!!! I can't wait for all the future holds. I waited till this same time to tell people about my pregnancy with Vin since we didn't know if I'd miscarry.
It takes self control to wait. But, look at it this way, 1/3 of the way done, only 6 months to go. You can do it! I remember family and friends saying "Your pregnancy is going so fast." I thought "Yeah, maybe for you." HA HA
Call me anytime. You were such a comfort to me during my last pregnancy. I knew I could call you about anything. I am just so excited. I want to hear about everything every step of the way.
The whole thing about Chicago, God does work in mysterious ways. I hate having one of my best friends so far away and out of state, but that makes it ok, since it's where you're supposed to be.
Plus, you guys always come to visit and it's always fun and memory building.
You are such a great friend and I want you to know that I love you like a sister.
This post made me emotional. I am just thankful for the blessing you are in my life :-)
Sorry its so long.
That is awesome! Congrats! You're due on my birthday! haha
So happy for you!!!!! Mel, can you e-mail me?? emollenhauer @ g mail . com?
I can't wait to talk to you!!!
sorry for the extra spaces in the address...
WoWWWWW! Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys. We can't wait to see the little munchkin. I'm guessing it will be a boy...
Yay! I'm so happy for you! I hope everything goes perfectly! Congrats!
I am so happy for you two! You will be a wonderful mother! What a blessing is coming your way!
Congrats that is so exciting!! I am so happy for you!
That is the best news!!! I am so excited for you guys. After all of the struggles to get pregnant you finally have been blessed with a little miracle baby! That is amazing! You are going to be such a wonderful mother. Congratulations a million times over!
Congrats Melanie! I know you will make a great mom! Keep us posted on everything. I hope you feel okay...morning sickness can be horrible!
(Yes, I have spacing problems too. I thought it was just me.)
I saw that Gina wrote on your wall about your blog and I was curious.
I love your story! I'm so happy for you. This baby is going to have a great mom.
Hi Melanie! Your blog caught my eye while I was checking out the Wilcox's. I didn't know your story before this post. I have endometriosis too, which is why we adopted Warren. I'm so happy for you guys that everything worked out. What an incredible blessing. Again, congratulations! :)
I never knew about your struggles. We have been trying for a while now too. That is sooooo exciting for you! I am so happy for you and your hubby.
Wow, I had no idea you were having trouble getting pregnant. That's awesome that it was covered by insurance 100%. What a blessing. Congrats. I'm SO happy for you!
Post a Comment