Lately I've been extra irritable it seems. I'm not in a bad mood at all, I just find some thing really irritate me! I'll share:
1) Radio music in the car. I usually always listen to music while I'm driving. It keeps me alert and entertained. But lately, every song that plays irritates me! It's either been way overplayed, has repetitive lyrics that drive me crazy, or it's just plain annoying. So I've been driving in silence that past while. I need to get some books on tape or something.
2) Potholes. Chicago streets can be quite dangerous to drive on this time of year. Since this winter seems to have been extra cold and more snowy than in the past, there are significantly more potholes! Cannot avoid them. And some are huge, gaping holes that could cause some serious danger to my car if I'm not careful! Some roads you practically need four-wheel drive just to get through!
3) Slow drivers. It seems like every time I go to get on Lake Shore Drive (the mini-highway by our house that runs along the lake) I get stuck behind some slow driver. I'm always tempted to honk my horn and yell "go a little faster!" I really don't try to drive real fast or anything. I just get irritated by people who don't pay attention to anything around them when they're driving.
4) Headaches. For the past week or two I've had a headache every day. It usually sets on after I eat lunch. I take Tylenol, but it does nothing for the heachaches. Tylenol never has helped my heachaches, but I'm not allowed to take anything else! Really stinks. My dr. said it could just be pregnancy related. So in the mean time, I'm just trying to stay hydrated and deal with them.
5) Cockroaches. Last year we had a little bit of a cockroach problem (I know, GROSS!!) See, we live right above our building's basement/storage area/junk area/laundry area, and lots of little critters live there and made their way up to us through the floor and wall cracks. Finally, they disappeared and we haven't had a problem! Until this past week that is. I saw a big one right outside our apartment door one morning, I screamed probably waking up all the neighbors, and ran for the roach killer. I killed it, then sprayed all the cracks in our apartment. I don't want to find ANY inside! If I do, I'll seriously have to think about moving. They give me the heebie geebies.
6) Vacuums with bags. I went to the store today to try to find more bags for our vacuum. They have to be a certain size you see, and this was the third store I tried, thinking they would for sure have them. They didn't have any though!! Ugh. I've never had a problem finding vacuum bags in the six years I've had my vacuum. It still works great and everything, but I guess it may be time to upgrade to a bagless vacuum. Seems to be the trend these days.
Writing all these things makes me sound like such a negative person! Despite the things that irritate me, there are lots of things that make me happy lately. I should probably share these just to balance out the irritations.
1) I have a clean house and all my laundry is done! That's got to be one of the best feelings.
2) I haven't had any nausea for about a week now! It's been great, and I found that taking my vitamins in the evening as opposed to in the morning really helps.
3) I'm starting to get a visible baby bump! Several people have commented that they can tell I'm starting to show. This makes me happy because it means I'm leaving the "I just feel and look fat" stage.
4) I bought a new shower curtain! We needed new bath mats anyway, and I decided our bathroom needed a little more color. Before, we had plain white bath mats (which I probably won't ever do again, they just get too dirty) and a plain white shower curtain. Now I have chocolate brown bath mats and a cream/brown/green striped shower curtain.
5) I have a great hubby! He's been gone long hours every day, but still is able to help out with the cleaning, cooking, and shopping. He's great!
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Sorry about the irritations! But I'm glad you have some positive things to think about, too!! Especially not being nauseous!! That's the worst!
And let's see a picture of that bump!!!! :)
I totally hate driving in the snow! And it just destroys the roads, and then there's nothing that they can do to fix them until the spring.
But it sounds like you found plenty of things to be happy about!!!
Yah, it must be the pregnancy thing. Everything seems 100 times worse! You'll have to put a picture on here of your cute little belly!
you are by far not a negative person-- and it could just be hormones... and headaches? I had them with Aaron. It was horrible. I am so sorry that you have to go through that as well. I hope it passes. I wish I could see the cute baby bump. Post a picture!
Oh you are so pregnant and I am so happy for you. :)
Oh Melanie, you are such a cutie! I wish you were here, I'd take you to get a prenatal massage.
BTW, I know what you mean about vaccuum bags. I always have issues finding the right size bag for ours. But my problem is the stores are limited out here in the boon docks so if I can't find it, I can't just go to another store unless I want a drive, and it's just not worth it. VERY IRRITATING. But, I guess I'm not the only one. I need to get a new bagless vaccuum too, but no money to do that now :-)
Anyway, continue with the prego pics. Then I'm not missing as much.
Talk to you later sweetie.
Post a Comment