Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring has Sprung!

It's technically been spring since March 20th, but this is the first week or two it truly has felt like spring here in Chicago! We've had consistently nice, warm days and I'm finding myself spending much more time outside. The thing I find fun about spring here is the world seems to suddenly come to life. The blossoms literally bloomed overnight this week! Just on Monday I was looking at all the bare trees, wondering when they'd bloom. Then Tuesday the little buds opened, and today the trees look like this:

I took a stroll around my block this afternoon and saw all these pretty colors:













I also found a little furry friend. I think squirrels are one of the cutest, funniest animals to watch!

13 comments:

heather said...

I love the little squirrel!

heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

Is that what Spring looks like? Being an Arizonian, I rarely get to see such gorgeous plant life. I need to go outside my little bubble and experience the world more. In the mean time though I'll enjoy it vicariously through your pictures. Thanks for them! =)

BTW - Maegan is due in Dec.

Andrea said...

Those are some great shots! Now when we walk and do errands, Allen has so much fun pointing out the different colors of flowers he sees. Yes, Spring is here!

Danielle said...

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you about squirrels. They're cute and all in the mountains but in the city, they are just furry-tailed rats. Disgusting little creatures.

Laurie said...

Wow!! What a beautiful place!!

That's an awesome picture of the squirrel!!!

Kristy said...

Spring is always so beautiful when it gets here! I love all of the pictures of the flowers!

Maranda Whittle said...

Those flowers are soooo pretty! Lots of different colors! My grandma lives in Illinois and there are always non-stop squirrels climbing on her trees!

Kristy said...

I love springtime, especially the flowers! Your pictures are great!

If you get a chance, I tagged you on my blog! ;)

amy mo said...

ieThis should be tagged as "something you will never see in arizona"

Anonymous said...

I think summer is hear for us. :) No it hasn't been to hot yet. Hope you are doing great.

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty. I loved just looking at all those pics.

I wish it was still spring here!

Cassie said...

I would have loved to have been there to see that! :) Awesome pictures.