Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Growing Great!

It seems like the baby has already started to take over these posts, and he's not even here yet! Just wait til he's actually here.....
Well, I had my 36 week appointment yesterday and everything is going well. My belly is still measuring small- it was measuring only 32 weeks, but the ultrasound estimated his weight to be 5lbs 15oz which puts him in the 51st percentile. My fluid level is normal too. They just said his head is really low in my pelvis, which might be why my belly measures short. I guess he's just gearing up and getting ready to come out! Everything else if fine too, and my GBS was negative so I won't need antibiotics during labor.
So, any guesses as to how big this baby will be?
For a reference point, I was 8lbs 2oz and a few days past the due date, Josh was 7lbs 13oz and I don't know if he was late or early.
My guess is going to be 7lbs 7oz.
Feel free to guess yourselves, but sorry, I don't have any prizes for the winner. :) :)

7 comments:

Odell Family said...

I'm going to guess 7lbs 4 ounces.

Anonymous said...

I love your car seat. It's perfect.

Ok, my guess is 7lbs 2 ounces.

KIMS CORNER said...

Hi Melanie! Glad to hear that your ultra sound went ok. Thanks for the birthday card, and e-card! In your post you said your gbs was negative;im curious, what is that?

Amy said...

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown! (lovely how fast other people's pregnancies pass by isn't it?) :p

Good luck with the tail end of this adventure!

Amy said...

You are getting closer and closer! My guess 8lbs 2 oz. (Little people have big babies from what I hear!)

Amy said...

You are getting closer and closer! My guess 8lbs 2 oz. (Little people have big babies from what I hear!)

Andrea said...

I'm guessing 7 pounds even. Good luck!