Well it was that time of year again, time for the annual Taste of Chicago! We've gone every year since living here, and it has turned into one of the highlights of our summer. What could be better....over 65 restaurants coming together serving seemingly endless food options! We always leave full and happy. :)
We were lucky enough to go twice this year (so far). Last Friday we went with some friends we hadn't seen in a while, and had a great time. Then Monday we had to go downtown to get some fingerprinting done for our Visa applications, and decided to make a day of it and enjoy The Taste again! We also went to see the movie Wall*E, which was pretty cute!
Anyway, this is probably the last summer we'll be able to enjoy The Taste because we might not be back from Ecuador in time next summer, and the summer after that we will have already moved for Josh's residency. The Taste is definitely high up on my list of things I'll miss most about Chicago! My favorite things I tried this year were the empanada, the Italian breaded steak sandwich, and the chocolate-dipped ice cream cake on a stick. Yum!!
It was pretty hot and humid, as you can tell by my hair and face.
Josh wanted me to show off how much I ate. (he thought it was pretty funny, ha ha....)
There were a bunch of Budweiser Clydesdale horses out. They are such big, pretty horses!





4 comments:
Wow! There are SO many cool things everywhere else!! Am I just missing stuff here, or is there really nothing cool here to do??
You look so good! I swear our bellies are the same size. You look smokin' hot! And not just because of the heat!
Looks fun. We were planning on making it to Taste of Chicago this year but thinking of taking both kids... and with Ross swamped with Bar-study we decided to stay home. But seeing your photos makes me get a feel for it this year.
Sounds like a fun festival :) I like Clydedales.
Post a Comment