Saturday, July 5, 2008

What do you do....

What do you do when it's a Saturday, you don't have to be at work and your husband doesn't have school responsibilities, it's 75 degrees out with only 40% humidity, and there's not a cloud in the sky???

Go to the beach, of course!!!

Days like these are hard to find around Chicago.

Montrose Beach.
This is a great beach, but they just happened to have a ban on swimming while we were there, due to increased bacteria levels. Bummer.

The winter turned us into pastey white midwesterners, so instead of swimming we spent the afternoon working on our tans. :)
I think I mostly just ended up getting sunburnt though.

6 comments:

Shelly said...

So jealous!! Looks like a great day to be at the beach!!

Kristy said...

I think that being back east has a tendency to bleach you! And then you turn into a prime target to be burned! But I'm glad that you got to get out and enjoy the weather!

Greg said...

That's funny that they banned swimming because of the bacteria. I guess that would have been nice to know before Justin and I went swimming after frisbee that morning.

Now I'm really regretting how much of the water I drank too! j/k

Melanie said...

Greg, they actually only banned swimming at Montrose Beach! All the other beaches were open to swim. Just our luck I guess...

Heather said...

That looks amazing! and 75 degrees? ahhhhh. I wanna come.

Janet, Aaron, & Ashton said...

Very nice-I bet it was fun! I did not know that a lake beach could be so much like a ocean beach-awesome! Too bad you couldn't swim though!