I've been in a little bit of a crafty mood recently, and these are my lastest creations.
This is my first mod podge project. It was fairly easy since it involves simply covering wooden letters with paper. The most time consuming part was cutting out the paper and sanding it down on the edges. I also couldn't help but get clumps of mod podge stuck in the corners, not sure how to avoid that. I plan to hang them in Owen's bedroom in Chicago, but I still haven't decided exactly how to hang them...maybe hang them with ribbon (but is that too girly??) or perhaps mount them to larger square or circle pieces of wood.
Thanks to a tutorial my friend Tifani posted on her blog a while back, I made this adorable sock monkey for Owen. I had intended to give it to him for his birthday, but that somehow didn't manage to happen. It really was pretty easy and I hope Owen can enjoy it for years to come!
The next project I'm planning is a quiet book, you know the cute felt kind with buttons and zippers and pockets and snaps that Owen can play with in church or other places I want him to be quiet. If anyone knows of a great tutorial, please let me know!

6 comments:
ok, I love that sock monkey! I am totally going to make this next baby one, its adorable!
I LOVE that sock monkey. I'm going to have to make one. Thanks for posting a link to the tutorial!
For the letters I think I would use thin rope. I found some really cheap stuff at Jewel on Roosevelt. It is by the light bulbs and other random house stuff. It's tan and great for wrapping presents and stuff too. I know you can also get it at Office Depot in Hyde Park.
Hmm.. the quiet book. I desperately want one as well but I know they are a ton of work. My mom often makes them where you just sew a bunch of zip lock baggies between two pieces of felt. You sew it so the zip lock part is facing out. That way you have a bunch of baggies to hold things like toy cars, miniature horses, snacks etc. I think that's where I'm going to start. You should also check out this ETSY shop. It has a bunch of tutorials you can buy for around $8. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6034253
Way to go! I like the crafts. Too bad I'm not there and we could have craft group again -- usually it was just me and Catherine working on stuff while our kids played/ran around.
I had an old quiet book kit that my mom never did... it was from the late 80s. But it was fairly easy (and now the pieces are all over). Maybe you can find some kits online.
Those look great! How crafty you are.
Your sock monkey turned out so cute!
I always wanted to make Tate a quiet book, but could never quite decide the best way to do it... Anyways, I found the most beautiful quiet book at the Crafting Chicks
http://craftingchicks.blogspot.com/search/label/quiet%20books
They are seriously amazing!!! Tate's too old for it now, but I'm bookmarking it because someday I'm going to have to make one.
Hope it helps you with yours...
So cute! I totally want to make those! And I want to make a quiet book too!
Post a Comment