Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Owen's First Haircut

Owen finally got his first haircut!

I had been pretty resistant to cutting his hair, while Josh had been encouraging me to do it for quite some time now. He thought the the longer hair in back should be the same length as the shorter hair on top, but I just didn't think he had enough hair to cut, seeing as he still appears pretty bald! I said I would wait until the hair grew past the bottom of his natural hair line. Well, he finally had grown a mini mullet so it was time to bust out the buzzers!

Owen did really well and held real still for me. It helped that we put him in one of his favorite places...the bathtub. I'll admit I was a bit sad to see his super soft, super fine baby hair come off (which I saved of course), but his hair does look much better now. He is such a cute little man!!! Now hopefully he'll start to grown some hair on top. :)


before
during

after

5 comments:

acandiedapple said...

So cute! I love it. Good job. I just did Calder's for the first time but I had the opposite problem. He only needed the top cut. Isn't it funny how that happens.

Maranda Whittle said...

So handsome! Good job!

Amy said...

Glad you had fun! Sorry for skipping out. We had fun seeing you last night!

Katy, Bill and Easton said...

Looks so cute! Such a cute boy!

Stoddard Studios said...

First hair cuts are the best! I can't believe he just barely had his first. I cut my boys at like 3 weeks old! Ha ha. They are hairy men I guess.