Sunday, September 27, 2009

We Love the Mountains

A favorite thing to do during hot Phoenix summers is to escape the heat and head up to Arizona's high country. We had been looking forward to taking a trip to the mountains for a long time! We had such a great time. We went to Pine and stayed with Josh's grandparents. (unfortunately I didn't get any decent pictures of them!)

I was able to borrow a baby backpack carrier (thanks Marie!!!) so we were able to do some hiking with Owen. We love hiking! We did two hikes on Strawberry Mountain in Pine...a short hike on Friday and a little longer hike on Saturday morning. Friday afternoon Josh's parents and aunt Christ joined up with us. After lunch we drove to the top of the Rim and walked around Pivot Rock Canyon. Josh and I have camped there before, and we think it's such a pretty spot! We didn't really hike because Owen had a blast just playing in the dirt and rocks and sticks! Needless to say, he got pretty dirty.


Owen taking me exploring. He held my finger and led me all around. He was so interested in everything.

We found a few little critters on our hikes. A baby horned toad...

....and a little garter snake (no, that's not me holding it).

Nice bonding moments with grampa. They both look like they're deep in thought.

We had four dogs along with us, and we tried to get a pictures of all of them together with Owen, but it was nearly impossible! Owen sure loved having all the dogs to play with though!

2 comments:

heather said...

That looks like fun! And I was about to be all impressed with you holding a snake!

Also, I use blurb too. Only I really like it. You are just dragging and dropping right? It really should be that easy.

If you have a photo layout selected, it doesn't let you add tons of text, but if you have a photo & text layout selected it will wrap the text for you.

Also, if you are wanting to make it scrapbook-ish you can make scrapbook pages, save them as jpeg files & then load them up on a one of the full bleed photo pages.

Amy said...

Looks like a fun time! I'm glad you could go on a close trip and escape the heat. I also love how your letters turned out. Very cute. I like the idea of string, or wood squares.

Oh, and when I put Abby to bed last night. She said, "Owen kiss me." Too cute. Hope you had fun at the zoo today!